[FND] Graveyard Inn NPCs

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Tengu

Re: [REQ] NPCs For New Content Release

Post by Tengu »

:shock:

Skipy, don't you think that this "cart-frame.gif" is very scary? Because, I was doing the concept art for the guards, and I thougth: "let's make a guard with exposed muscles, full of clotted blood and flies above him" But, I thought better and gave up of this hell's vision.

Anyway, we enter in a question: has this game a age group?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

This game is for adults.

For this release, we won't get into malicious gore. Good characters will stay at the inn, though ominous graphics which hint at bad things or tragic things can work.
Current character is "Abolish".
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Wombat wrote:This game is for adults.
Well, I already heard reports about people letting their elementary school kids play it. I am pretty sure we have a lot of players under the age of 12.

But this is an interesting topic we should discuss someplace else: what is the minimum age for playing TMW? Because this also affects how strict GMs should be with moderating public chat.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Okay, here's an update on what is wanted for this release:

No more skeletons unless they look really cool.
No more zombies or things with eyeballs falling out of their faces, we got two, which is enough.
Inn is not an evil release, it is a release for people that will use the Inn in the graveyard, they are dead, but not necessarily evil.

Blue skin and pale skin seem to do good. Creepy looking faces. Fat and/or short NPCs would be great. Some more ghosts would also be good.

An evil NPC release might use stuff that is too evil for this one in the future, but let's focus on this release.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Tengu wrote::shock:

Skipy, don't you think that this "cart-frame.gif" is very scary? Because, I was doing the concept art for the guards, and I thougth: "let's make a guard with exposed muscles, full of clotted blood and flies above him" But, I thought better and gave up of this hell's vision.

Anyway, we enter in a question: has this game a age group?
creepy/scary??-yes i think it is...not sure if i would call him evil, he is just doing his job(someone has to tag there toes :wink: )
..ill put it on hold tell a later date...(i did a idea and had to get it out of my head)
Wombat wrote:Okay, here's an update on what is wanted for this release:

No more skeletons unless they look really cool.
No more zombies or things with eyeballs falling out of their faces, we got two, which is enough.
Inn is not an evil release, it is a release for people that will use the Inn in the graveyard, they are dead, but not necessarily evil.

Blue skin and pale skin seem to do good. Creepy looking faces. Fat and/or short NPCs would be great. Some more ghosts would also be good.

An evil NPC release might use stuff that is too evil for this one in the future, but let's focus on this release.
as far as what is left to do on (npc's) ..theres a lack of ghosts...the innkeeper one looks grate and i think more in that style would be grate for Brewer,Drunk Couple,and the Bartender(imo)...

let me know if the cart is useful for this list and ill pick it back up ..other wise ill put it away for now..

------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

here..it may need more?

-----------skipy
Attachments
beerguy.png
beerguy.png (5.97 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Sorry, I know this is graphics, but: you're putting an inn at the graveyard...? I didn't know you were doing graveyard work.

Also, if you read the woodland cemetery article: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... d_Cemetery

a Truk Dermish character was intended for a boss -- if you all are in zombie-making moods.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

No, we are not in a zombie making mood. Please come to #tmw-content or visit the hidden Council forum to stay informed on content. This was discussed about a month ago on content updates there.

These questions after the fact and on public forums really should be put up on Council instead of public development to prevent the derailment of these threads.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

skipy wrote:here..it may need more?
Is his neck broken? If you want to use, please try the same or similar ghost floating animation Reid has. This will make it a really awesome.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Wombat wrote:
Is his neck broken? If you want to use, please try the same or similar ghost floating animation Reid has. This will make it a really awesome.
neck broken ??---i was going for a fall back slack look for the head ...so yah sure it can be...
heres the first try at the ghost moving..not to bad (imo)..
if you like it im make the sprite sheet..

-----------skipy
Attachments
beerguy-frame.gif
beerguy-frame.gif (12.23 KiB) Viewed 2387 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

skipy wrote:
Wombat wrote:
neck broken ??---i was going for a fall back slack look for the head ...so yah sure it can be...
heres the first try at the ghost moving..not to bad (imo)..
if you like it im make the sprite sheet..

-----------skipy
Make him moove pixel by pixel, and you can add more light on the ghost? Or maybe red light? Evil ghost...
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Wombat wrote:No, we are not in a zombie making mood. Please come to #tmw-content or visit the hidden Council forum to stay informed on content.
Thanks, I don't have any time for IRC these days. I was there many months ago when discussion of the graveyard began and an article was created on the wiki outlining future work.

Anyway, my comment was directed to the artists that are creating zombies aplenty. I'm pretty sure Wario and Beetlejuice weren't on your request list either.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

""Make him moove pixel by pixel, and you can add more light on the ghost? Or maybe red light? Evil ghost.."" ------i think i got it? the gif is being odd on this post .. :roll: :shock:

----------------------------skipy
Attachments
beerguy-frame.gif
beerguy-frame.gif (18.26 KiB) Viewed 2358 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

skipy wrote:""Make him moove pixel by pixel, and you can add more light on the ghost? Or maybe red light? Evil ghost.."" ------i think i got it? the gif is being odd on this post .. :roll: :shock:

If youw ant I can creat the same effect as the innkeeper ghost, just give me the xml files ^^
It's long and bored to do him moove... leave me this task ;)
Or try to do him moove him 8 with 15layers... If you see what I mean
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

here is the file...do with as you will :wink: ...
if you want to try to finish the hangman as a ghost as well ....feel free(unless 3 ghost is to many)...if you dont then i will get to it when im done with the reaper dead-frames...

thanks for the help----------skipy
Reid wrote:
skipy wrote:""Make him moove pixel by pixel, and you can add more light on the ghost? Or maybe red light? Evil ghost.."" ------i think i got it? the gif is being odd on this post .. :roll: :shock:

If youw ant I can creat the same effect as the innkeeper ghost, just give me the xml files ^^
It's long and bored to do him moove... leave me this task ;)
Or try to do him moove him 8 with 15layers... If you see what I mean
Attachments
beerguy-frame.xcf.gz
(14.53 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido