[WIP] Crypt indoor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

argul
Novice
Novice

Re: [WIP] Crypt indoor

Post by argul »

These whit points should be candles.
You can see better when not scaled down.
Maybe i remove them.

But IMHO there is Fringe stuff missing...
---
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Ok here is a map which could be the bossfight map.
Any ideas to improve?
---
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

looks good enough to add for both maps. We'll have to consider more stuff that can be added as fringe in the future, but I'd like to see this map get tested for the reaper quest soon.
Current character is "Abolish".
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Does the boss map really need to look so large and empty?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Crush wrote:Does the boss map really need to look so large and empty?
Are you requesting more stuff be added Crush? The reaper has three types of monsters, which, along with the number of players required to defeat the reaper, will fill the map up. Some more random stuff wouldn't be bad to make obstacles for players to run into as they fight the reaper and his minions.
Current character is "Abolish".
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The problem with that map is that it is so plain that you can have a whole screen with just a single tile. You need to make the map more interesting to look at, at least to provide some means of orientation for the players. It's not like those decorations need to block movement.

Maybe some floor tiles should be added to transmit from one of the floor types to another so that they can be used to create patterns on the ground.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

The fight room needs something. It's too plain. Some obstacles wouldn't be too bad. It would make you have to think instead of blindly run around in a circle. :) I don't think the stairway has to be so long either.

Also the white spot that he's talking about is the missing ground tile at the corner by the stairs.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Arphetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Arphetic »

I think the room is too small actually, and it doesnt need obstacles, it needs blood on the floor, and bones and such....
bcs86 wrote:This game is a long way from looking like something people could take seriously.