[REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

Post by Wombat »

I'll hunt down the name tagging for this. My tag is WBT, iirc.
Current character is "Abolish".
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

i kept on playing a bit with the well/pan idea, and even though it might not fit yet,
it became a demonic resurrection bath to somehow recover for now.
i'm afraid it's a bit isolated thing atm and also no animation, so i put it with
a black background.
if you like it or have some specific ideas, let me know please.
demonic_health_bath.png
demonic_health_bath.png (42.81 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I like that. The pillar looks as if it floating on top. You could just put on top of the back wall. IDK if the gold fit's but with the dark grey it looks kinda cool.
It might be a little large for it's function but it's nice. How about an opening in a wall that pours blood into the pool?
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Ok, everything looks pretty nice :-).

@MerlinX420:

Should i start mapping with that tileset so far? I mean doing roughly anything except Fringe, where you work on hard.
Can i expect that these tiles wont get mixed up that much (change in color/art is ok, but not the change of position in tileset.)?

Pjotr
---
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

yes it's little large too i think, also the base of it doesnt fit as it could.
i'll change the colors and maybe make it a round well next.
the statue or something on a wall could fill it. i'll see, and when
it fits better in a more usable way i'll post again.

regarding the tileset colors from the 2 sets here, i like both but the first better,
even though blue would add some coldness to it, the other one would match with
more rotten like things like the zombies as well.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

argul wrote:Ok, everything looks pretty nice :-).

@MerlinX420:

Should i start mapping with that tileset so far? I mean doing roughly anything except Fringe, where you work on hard.
Can i expect that these tiles wont get mixed up that much (change in color/art is ok, but not the change of position in tileset.)?

Pjotr
I also need confirmation on what tilesets are completed so they can be committed into the game.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Wombat wrote:
argul wrote:Ok, everything looks pretty nice :-).

@MerlinX420:

Pjotr
I also need confirmation on what tilesets are completed so they can be committed into the game.
I think if the 2nd version meets the general approval then that could be committed once the tag is changed for proper credit. I plan on having all these sets done by the end of the weekend.

So everyone who's got something for fringe or any input or changes to anything should speak up and or post what they want included so we can wrap this project up.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

maybe for some pvp/spawnarea, there would be still some things to do though.
in any way, it was funny to recombine these nice tiles :-)
crypt_spawn_pvp.jpg
crypt_spawn_pvp.jpg (236.87 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
edit: the jpg is blurred a bit, but the png was a little too big to post.
edit2: when you let it view in a new tab, it's not that blurred i saw now.. :-)
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Gotcha wrote:maybe for some pvp/spawnarea, there would be still some things to do though.
in any way, it was funny to recombine these nice tiles :-)
crypt_spawn_pvp.jpg
edit: the jpg is blurred a bit, but the png was a little too big to post.
edit2: when you let it view in a new tab, it's not that blurred i saw now.. :-)
nice mockup. but i wouldn't do mockups in a graphics program like that. you create the base in tiled. I thought maybe i was seeing things when I looked at the floor.
Could you give me samples of your base blood layers in those shapes for addition to the set? jpeg always ruins it anways...
Your large blood bath would need to be on transparent bg, could edit all of out of what you got but we got till the end of this weekend then all set are going in.

Wombat wants to get some sets pushed but we can't keep coming up with more stuff to add. :)
MerlinX420
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

these new amendments will work for the wizard's tower release. Let's move forward with the crypt. Merlin, as soon as you have the sets fully ready, post them and I'll add and we can move forward. After tileset is made, argul can make the map and we can start play testing the reaper quest and scripting other quests for the GY inn.
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

hi!
making the collage above became quite a mess regarding layers, and since when doesnt gimp have layergroups??
i put together a zip with the xcf and a png.
it didnt really change, yet, but i thought maybe someone wants to have it.
also some layereffects dont work in gimp and even though this xcf can enable and disable
many parts, not every step has its own layer in this file.

i put a download link for the "tilesetcollagev01" here.
i am not sure if my gpl notice is ok as i put it here
is there maybe a link to a document i should link to or include for these specific used tiles?
i'm happy to add the original authors of the tiles to the text on the site if you could tell me please.

i wondered if there is a list or link to the actually used tilesets for the upcoming crypt now, and what parts of the map are allready there?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Wombat wrote:these new amendments will work for the wizard's tower release. Let's move forward with the crypt. Merlin, as soon as you have the sets fully ready, post them and I'll add and we can move forward. After tileset is made, argul can make the map and we can start play testing the reaper quest and scripting other quests for the GY inn.
Well after some last minute additions and what I think would be proper tagging I present the crypt wall 1.0 tileset.
(edited for change to the max tileset size and split into 2 16x16 set)

I made archways that work beyond the 3 tile height, included 45% variants of those archways, and added few floor choices to add to the mix.
I think this set should be setup as an easy to work with set. I didn't crowd tiles together.
If there's nothing more we can commit this and I will move on to getting the fringe together the rest of today and should have that and the spider web shadow set soon after.
MerlinX420
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Thx a lot for this tileset.
I directly started mapping.... ;)

I have found a little mistake:
Usual walls drop shadows to the right, but the curved walls don't so it looks a little strange.

EDIT: My proposal:
delete the shadows , and put them into another tileset, so the mapper can decide how much shadow there will be
(walls can be mapped at different heights, so shadow is longer or shorter.)

Another question:
Due to http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... erence.png the height of drawn objects shall be 70% of the width (assumming they are as height as wide.)

Floor A and D look very nice and fine to mee, but B + C look as if they dont fit the right perspective. (They are more like a look from direcly above not this 45° perspective view.)

Merlin, i really like the tileset!

Pjotr
Attachments
027-3.png
027-3.png (156.76 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
---
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Hey its me again....

another proposal:
(i hope its not too annoying :-| )

All these endings of walls (for example at the right.) would be really cool to have them without underlaying wall/dark.
Since the the underlaying wall/dark/whatever can easily setup in tiled.

This is, because i wanted to put some stone art on the wall (lower left) where is dark outside.
I see only stone arts with wall but not with dark side, so it would be cool to have it without underground.

Pjotr
Attachments
027-3a.png
027-3a.png (60.07 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
---
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

argul wrote:Thx a lot for this tileset.
I directly started mapping.... ;)

I have found a little mistake:
Usual walls drop shadows to the right, but the curved walls don't so it looks a little strange.

EDIT: My proposal:
delete the shadows , and put them into another tileset, so the mapper can decide how much shadow there will be
(walls can be mapped at different heights, so shadow is longer or shorter.)

Another question:
Due to http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... erence.png the height of drawn objects shall be 70% of the width (assumming they are as height as wide.)

Floor A and D look very nice and fine to mee, but B + C look as if they dont fit the right perspective. (They are more like a look from direcly above not this 45° perspective view.)

Merlin, i really like the tileset!

Pjotr
I forgot that there was those shadows on the block wall set. Shadows are going on another set that should be done by the end of today. I'll have to go back an edit I's shadows out of the set.

I can't really add anymore to this tileset. They are at the max size and would need to make an additional tileset. You can accomplish what you want with what you have. There really is no reason to make those duplicate tiles. As I keep playing with the set I notice architectural things that are missing like certain parts that just don't exist in that set. I also found out long ago that you sometimes have to get creative in the tile layering to get certain things out of it.

Anything else that we come up with will have to be added to a new tileset that I will get to after I finish up this project and my roof.
Floors a,b, and c were thrown together at the last second. Yes they could be touched up to better display the perspective.
MerlinX420