[FND] Spinning Scythe

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [WIP] Spinning Scythe

Post by Alige »

The Reaper Sword needs a big pixel review. I saw blue, red and green ones ... :shock:

I have another idea:
How about taking this...
graphics-items-weapon-sword-sabre.png
graphics-items-weapon-sword-sabre.png (1.67 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
...and transform the reaper blade sprite sheet thing to make the same thing with the saber and toy saber? This will the toy saber a bit valuable because today, people that have toy saber keep it in storage... It isn't shown...
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Ali-G wrote:The Reaper Sword needs a big pixel review. I saw blue, red and green ones ... :shock:

I have another idea:
How about taking this...
graphics-items-weapon-sword-sabre.png
...and transform the reaper blade sprite sheet thing to make the same thing with the saber and toy saber? This will the toy saber a bit valuable because today, people that have toy saber keep it in storage... It isn't shown...
much testing and work was done to see if the 1-hand-stab-attack-frames would work for is sword (it dose not work)and is why i started all the work on the player-sprite-sheet so swords like this can be made...

a re-do/edit is needed in oder for to fit the 1-hand-swing attack-frame and make it to game...

so the reaper -sword is on hold till player set and all its equipment-edits are done...

-----skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

[FND] Spinning Scythe

Post by nmaligec »

Well I tested it and had to edit it slightly and cut out one frame because they all would not all show before the mob is completely removed (note: I did speed up all frames so they would fit, but it looked silly). Anyway, great job skipy, I liked the way the blade didn't burn but had energy tendrils wrap around it.

Ali-g: The scythe will not have ANY drops. It is a summoned mob and not a normal spawn. Discussion on the rest of the mob drops will be done in another thread because I want this one closed and marked as finished (the reaper sword will probably be taken up as a separate thread once the new player set is closer to getting in game).

Here is the final sheet. It looks great in game and ,thanks to skipy's pixel skills, is pretty much what I envisioned it looking like. Now how to edit the title to mark it as finished?
Attachments
monster-spinning-scythe.png
monster-spinning-scythe.png (50.52 KiB) Viewed 984 times
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i love the edits you did :mrgreen: ,it really pulled it together,looks great!!!! :mrgreen: ...i would tag it [FND] and may be [RC]
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
-----skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

Ok, time to mark this mob as finished. I will start a new post for the reaper blade, once the new player set is done.