[WIP] Re-make of The Walls of Tulsimer

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Len
Knight
Knight

Re: [WIP] Re-make of The Walls of Tulsimer

Post by Len »

Update:
Cliff_5.png
Cliff_5.png (37.66 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
I'm still working on the desert cliffs off and on.
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Do the walls of that desert tileset really need to be so... "yellow"?

They don't stand out and pretty much melt with the background. There is a reason why the previous tileset used a different color palette for the walls than for the ground. It made them stand out and made the whole map look more vibrant and interesting.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Cliff_stuff.png
Cliff_stuff.png (59.3 KiB) Viewed 3572 times

The colors of the cliffs appear to be more vibrant with more contrast (at least to me) when they are set against large areas of desert sand.
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Sorry Len, I was referring to Merlins tileset, not yours. Yours is perfect as always (although maybe a bit grim for my taste, but when everything would be to my taste, TMW would look like a candy land :lol: ).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

The objects used seem to clash on the mapping there. Maybe a remake of them?
Catchup
Newly Registered User

Post by Catchup »

Hello everyone, sorry for my vocabulary, I'm not good at English.
I represent one of the developers of TMW-Brazilian, and more or less one month, started a huge project for the BR site is a deserto.O Sarab.
I recognize the rigor to the work of pixelart, but used these walls (I hope you understand) for my project.
We have a huge amount of news has not even been to the game, because my preference is to wait until my project is 100% complete for a single update, as I considered that there is a partnership (somehow).
I would show you all of Brazil that we do together or individually to Sarabia, ah some unique monsters in the desert theme, can serve to read something, stay confortable and do not worry "has no plague " I've done most.
Link portuguese:
http://forums.themanaworld.com.br/viewt ... 4dea2d6d58
Link English:
http://translate.google.com.br/translat ... 58&act=url
see yours :wink: later
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Crush wrote:Do the walls of that desert tileset really need to be so... "yellow"?

They don't stand out and pretty much melt with the background. There is a reason why the previous tileset used a different color palette for the walls than for the ground. It made them stand out and made the whole map look more vibrant and interesting.
I thought of that as well. I'll see about editing them into something that sticks out a little more. They make the area kinda bland and kinda dark and desolate. It kinda fits for the dessert region but perhaps I have to dark of a view point. I kinda like the grim view of the dessert as opposed to crush's "candyland" XD
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Catchup wrote:Hello everyone, sorry for my vocabulary, I'm not good at English.
I represent one of the developers of TMW-Brazilian, and more or less one month, started a huge project for the BR site is a deserto.O Sarab.
I recognize the rigor to the work of pixelart, but used these walls (I hope you understand) for my project.
We have a huge amount of news has not even been to the game, because my preference is to wait until my project is 100% complete for a single update, as I considered that there is a partnership (somehow).
I would show you all of Brazil that we do together or individually to Sarabia, ah some unique monsters in the desert theme, can serve to read something, stay confortable and do not worry "has no plague " I've done most.
Link portuguese:
http://forums.themanaworld.com.br/viewt ... 4dea2d6d58
Link English:
http://translate.google.com.br/translat ... 58&act=url
see yours :wink: later
The google translator bugged out on me but I went thru the thread and seen some nice stuff here and there that you've done for the area and dessert theme. I'm pretty sure that we could share stuff across servers and wouldn't mind if started to do this more regularly with TMW-BZ. If you would like I could upload a zip of all the current tilesets done as they are so far. I have yet to properly tag the sets and would want to make sure it meets the approval of the artists who contributed this work.
Nice to know that someone likes my frakenstiens. XD
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Len wrote:Update:
Cliff_5.png
I'm still working on the desert cliffs off and on.
I'm really digging this tileset and the fact that you're making it so scalable. While surely axxtrolls cliffs are very nice as well these just match your roadway and the rest of the grim image of the set so much more. I might even edit this into a greyish set and try matching it up with a woodland type set. I most likely wouldn't want to thou if you feel it would be in bad taste.
MerlinX420
Catchup
Newly Registered User

Post by Catchup »

MerlinX420 wrote:The google translator bugged out on me but I went thru the thread and seen some nice stuff here and there that you've done for the area and dessert theme. I'm pretty sure that we could share stuff across servers and wouldn't mind if started to do this more regularly with TMW-BZ. If you would like I could upload a zip of all the current tilesets done as they are so far. I have yet to properly tag the sets and would want to make sure it meets the approval of the artists who contributed this work.
Nice to know that someone likes my frakenstiens. XD
hehe, right then.
I'm happy, so we can work together somehow.
until another time ^ ^
confortable stay for any work of mine.
I hate fake artist, but unfortunately there are many out there.
me that's afraid to look at other servers, but the org, I believe that not fake jobs here and so I'm safer.