[WIP] Merlin's Robe

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [WIP] Merlin's Robe

Post by Crush »

MerlinX420 wrote:it's "Merlin's Mage Armor" if useing the actual term is an issue. I might have had an artistic inspiration from it. They drew a whole dark overlord concept right from jrr tolkien. like they were unispired. I could actully probably find a robe that even looked like that that was prior art. I mean the have people that make movies and privite servers with there own software. I will still like to see if I can call it Merlin's Robe. Should I email blizz with it. I woulder what they would say if i submited it with a gpl stamp. jk.
Copyright is important, but now you are just getting a bit too paranoid about it. The graphic is different enough that the connection is not apparent to anyone except you and the name is "Merlins Robe". Merlin is a public domain character and the rest is "robe" ffs.

Wombat will change the name anyway because the name Merlin doesn't fit into tmw lore.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

poison_ivy wrote:The art may be fine, but Merlin is Earth mythology. Are you sure "Merlin's" anything is suited to TMW?
Your right we should just call it "mage's robe" or "wizards robe"
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Or something more original, like the Arcane Robe of Wisdom.

Only not so dumb.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I like the Robe merlin =D Make a female version to! ^_^
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

stava wrote:It reminds me more of this one.. Couldn't find good enough male version picture sorry.
Image\
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I looks like a billion mage robes in a billion games. anyways. I've gotten most of the first frames down...ehh kinda. makeing progress but I've never done gear over a full sprite sheet. Tedious process, but came up with a very off idea for a helm.
you can see the sit frame in this example.

MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Just make it. Looks good, keep it up.
Current character is "Abolish".