[REQ] Honey

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

zxzack
Peon
Peon

Re: [REQ] Honey

Post by zxzack »

im not sure if this will help a whole lot, but in TAW the santa slimes do pretty much what ur asking for. And... why not have more than one hive, either walking around or stationary, so several groups that may want to go it by themselves can do so at the same time? it just seems that everyone is planning on just one hive. It would also fix the problem of having the slaves of the hive all dying with the hive, as u would have more than one hive spawning them.
Praecellens Esto!
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

zxzack wrote:why not have more than one hive, either walking around or stationary, so several groups that may want to go it by themselves can do so at the same time? it just seems that everyone is planning on just one hive. It would also fix the problem of having the slaves of the hive all dying with the hive, as u would have more than one hive spawning them.
+1

if theres only 1 hive everyone would be crowded around it 24/7 :?
would be nice if we had a hive in ALMOST each area suiting it.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I like all these ideas.
@Len: Please continue working on the hives (in this order would be good: 1. The Natural Honey (≠ from the bottle of honey) 2. The hive's tileset (walls, ground, etc...) 3. A stationnary + moving hives)
@zxzack: I like your idea and that was exactly what I was planning: spawing a lot of hives according to the size of the map (I would like a huge one) so that people can kill their own hive.
@nmaligec: Go and check the spawning monster skill. I think it is already implemented on mobs in game so it should be easy.

Regards,
Ali-G
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

LOL... I never got the change to Git the rest of the Bee Keeper (part of a larger biologist brother's quest) content a year ago when I got pre-occupied with other projects... I'd need to modify my map mods and server scripts to be able to push it with all the changes over the last year...

I had pushed a few server side changes on parts of it to reserve some of the mob id's but it looks like some of those changed too :D

Seeing I'm a year late, spoilers no longer matter.

Basically... there's a bee keeper on 012-1 (68, 55) that's concerned about his bees producing so little honey.
  • He blames the flowers, which is an obvious hint to go bug Blossom (which is conveniently a short cave crawl to access [unless that's changed over the last year?]). Blossom will only sell flower seeds after this quest trigger which is nothing more than a spawn of 1 of 3 different flower colors at random... that's fine and dandy but it's 1 flower per pack for 200gp, and you've gotta successfully plant 10 of each to trigger the next step, which gives a little message overhead and summons bees (so a min of 6k).
  • Talk to the BK again and he'll tell you that vespas have burrowed into the bee hive and are eating the bees. The next is full of bees non hostile bees (but they still assist should you accidentally attack one), as well as larvespa and vespa. You need a few of the larvespa and vespa drops to continue through each chamber until you get to the exit and fight hivespa on a cliff outside. Some of the items obtained are used for the other biologist brother's hatching quest.
I see somebody noticed those entries and tried to make sprites for some of those things, but no need... I'll pull out what I had on my test server and put something out there for you all to finish/mod/change.
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I tried to start that project since I had no news about the old project that was being made about the honey and thought it was lost. I'm impatient to see what you did Fother :)