Fire Arrow

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Ersen
Peon
Peon

Fire Arrow

Post by Ersen »

I made a fire arrow
here it is
Image,

One Axe
I call it, diamond cutter axe

And a hammer, "Dirty Hammer" The green is the shiiit"

Comments please!
Yeyeyeye
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I'm sorry but... I don't think I like any one of them.
They're all pretty gradient-infected.

Fire arrows only have a flaming head before they're fired. The wood/stick isn't lit, the head is wrapped in cloth which is impregnated with a flammable liquid. Above that your flames are ugly.
I don't like the axe either, muliple reasons. Mainly because of the extremely straight stick and the fact it would fall apart if you only pick it up.
The hammer is unbalanced, simple and filled with gradients... and what kind of item attribute is 'dirty'? Negative item variations are more like "worn", "old", "broken" or "cursed"... not "dirty". :?
It could be called 'the bug swatter' though. It would explain the green snot.

Seriously, like more people have said before... put some more time into your items like you did with the first two you showed. You're just wasting your time (and ours, I suppose) with these as we will not use them and you don't learn from creating them.
I hope you will finally get the message with a little bit of (non-exaggerated) harshness.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Ersen
Peon
Peon

Post by Ersen »

Ehn, make u a better axe and club then my then. dont come here and blame me motherfucker...
Yeyeyeye
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ersen wrote:motherfucker...
when your respond to honest and constructive criticism with blank insults you are definitely wrong here. maybe you just want to help, but you are absolutely useless for this project when you abuse everyone who tries to tell you how you could do better. please rethink your attitude when you really want to take part in this project.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ersen wrote:dont come here and blame me motherfucker...
I'm just giving critticism and saying you have done a lot better. I did not mean to insult you. I tried to make something clear that I have said before... something which didn't seem to have reached you.
I'm starting to doubt again if the first two items you showed were really by your hand. If they were not, please say so.
Ersen wrote:Ehn, make u a better axe and club then my then.
Oh and here's an axe I did in less then 30 minutes just now:
Feel free to comment.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Ersen
Peon
Peon

Post by Ersen »

For me it took 5 minutes, and i did it in paint, what program do u use? photoshop CS?
Yeyeyeye
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ersen wrote:For me it took 5 minutes, and i did it in paint, what program do u use? photoshop CS?
Noooo, GIMP... using three tools. Eyedropper, Pencil and Eraser. Oh... and the colour selection dialog, if you want to call it a tool.

But what are you trying to say anyway?
I mean, I can draw a character within one of our earth seconds using three lines and a circle... but that doesn't make it a good drawing. And adding a handicap like using MS Paint instead of good software doesn't add to the quality of the image. At least you say it like it's a handicap.
It's not about the time it takes, it's about the end result. Drawing is not a race, unless you're playing pictionary. And I think you could produce great results if you'd put more then five minutes into your art.