Page 1 of 2

[WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Posted: 09 Apr 2011, 08:54
by Alige
I am currently thinking of an item that could increase your walking speed (only). Moreover, it should maybe replace for example the chest armor so that we don't have speedy-gonzales-hulks in game. Here are my ideas:
  • An item that would replace an important part of our inventory (chest/head)
  • Something with wings (not wing boots because they won't decrease the defense of the player enough) (?)
  • Maybe a blue potion (since we don't have any blue ones) that could temporaly increase only your walkign speed
Please post all your thoughts about that, we need a precise idea before starting the graphical part; don't forget that wings are not the only thing possible so brainstorm for 5 minutes and then post your ideas here.

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 09 Apr 2011, 10:55
by ChefChelios
ali...
cant you remember the situation where we both where running to the same goal and you laugh at me because you have had the speed skill lvl9 and me not...
i dont think we need a item like this
you where running like a flash and me like a turtle...
i think speed skill lvl9 is enough... isnt it?

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 09 Apr 2011, 15:34
by Alige
Yeah I know, but i already talked about this with players and they said it could be cool. I am not talking about having the same effect of "@speed 1" but only a little. It sould decrease defense and increase walking speed.

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 09 Apr 2011, 22:20
by Zutan
Well then cheetah skin, or green snake skin(they move fast) body armour. I would gladly carry it but would only be using it when getting to and from places. You could also make it a weapon. Like a staff or some such, making the mage/healers move fast but still not adding to their overall defence. Others would want one to carry, thus reducing their attack abilities even if they are fast moving tanks they won't be dealing significant damage.

I really like the idea of a way to speed up walking on top of the speed skill. Also if I have the speed skill while this is an armour item I am likely to use the armor and a bow and some have complained already about the deadliness of the bow users. As a weapon I would really just be a fast runner, though it would help for farming low level stuff, there would need to be more areas with low level stuff as it would die so fast.

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 09 Apr 2011, 23:48
by Alige
Zutan you have great ideas. The item will be placed on the chest, replacing the chest armor, i'll create a Cheetah Skin (to create the following) + Cheetah Cape because this seems easier than wings and maybe more original. Thank you very much for these ideas.
The graphical part will follow.

Here is what I plan to do:
  • Finish the snakeskin armor
  • Create a full suit armor from a Cheetah
  • Create a Cheetah Skin (to craft the Cheetah Cape/Cheetah Hat, etc...)
  • Create Angel Wings
The full cheetah suit will add only a little of walking speed and not any armor (or at least the minimum).

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 00:02
by Alige
A work has already been done about a Snakeskin Armor. This will take the place of the Cheetah things.

First thing:
I need an update of these first:
Snake_upperbody_humanmale.png
Snake_upperbody_humanmale.png (23.98 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
Female.png
Needs to be finished. Follow the comments made here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7193&p=71708&hilit=snakeskin+armor#p71708
Female.png (46.51 KiB) Viewed 3419 times
Snakeskin Armor - Icon.png
Total review needed. Also needs sleeves.
Snakeskin Armor - Icon.png (1.19 KiB) Viewed 3450 times

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 00:03
by Alige
Second thing:
I need an update of these two icons:
Snake_feet_item.png
Snake_feet_item.png (817 Bytes) Viewed 3449 times
Snake_head_item.png
Snake_head_item.png (789 Bytes) Viewed 3294 times

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 00:11
by Alige
Last things:

1) I need an update (if needed) of the helmet spritesheet:
Snake_head.png
Snake_head.png (3.58 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
2) I need the sprite sheet of the boots.
3) I need some new Snake Skin (like the armor) so that we can use it for a quest, it should only be an item dropped by a Snake Lord(?).
4) I need someone to take the same color/scheme of this armor and apply it on the WIP Snake Lord: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... ord#p96648
5) I need some Snakeskin Pants (icon + spritesheet)
6) I need some Snakeskin Gloves (icon + spritesheet)

The quicker we'll get this, the better the game will be. :wink:

Ali-G

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 16:27
by yubabax116
ChefChelios wrote:ali...
cant you remember the situation where we both where running to the same goal and you laugh at me because you have had the speed skill lvl9 and me not...
i dont think we need a item like this
you where running like a flash and me like a turtle...
i think speed skill lvl9 is enough... isnt it?

Acctually ill have to agree with Chefchelios, Speed lvl 9 seems to be enough for walking and attacking speed. we dont need a item like this in the game when level 9 speed is already fast as it is. If you try to do this it will most likely be a waste of time.

Try using this equipment for a quest or something.


Yubaba

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 22:15
by gor
Ali-G wrote:Zutan you have great ideas. The item will be placed on the chest, replacing the chest armor, i'll create a Cheetah Skin (to create the following) + Cheetah Cape because this seems easier than wings and maybe more original. Thank you very much for these ideas.
The graphical part will follow.

Here is what I plan to do:
  • Finish the snakeskin armor
  • Create a full suit armor from a Cheetah
  • Create a Cheetah Skin (to craft the Cheetah Cape/Cheetah Hat, etc...)
  • Create Angel Wings
The full cheetah suit will add only a little of walking speed and not any armor (or at least the minimum).
wow a lot of new items, i will look forward to your pixel art.
Ali-G wrote:Last things:

1) I need an update (if needed) of the helmet spritesheet:
Snake_head.png
2) I need the sprite sheet of the boots.
3) I need some new Snake Skin (like the armor) so that we can use it for a quest, it should only be an item dropped by a Snake Lord(?).
4) I need someone to take the same color/scheme of this armor and apply it on the WIP Snake Lord: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... ord#p96648
5) I need some Snakeskin Pants (icon + spritesheet)
6) I need some Snakeskin Gloves (icon + spritesheet)

The quicker we'll get this, the better the game will be. :wink:

Ali-G
A hint for you, it seems that this helmet needs better highlights, it will make it more reptile look alike.

Here's an example from pixeljoint http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/60876.htm?sec=date

How long will it take you to finish these new items?

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 11 Apr 2011, 23:45
by Alige
First thing: i'm not a good pixel artist.
Second thing: I can manage to do all these in 2 weeks but help is welcome!
Third thing: I also need to create an item + finish the Snake Lord


Here is what I need atm from you guys:
- Some pixel artists support (and not only advices, edits too!), especially for the Snake Lord
- Someone who can create a new quest into a script which involves these items as rewards

Remember, with a little help, all of this can be done in 1 month!

Best regards,
Ali-G

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 00:11
by gor
Ali-G wrote:First thing: i'm not a good pixel artist.
Second thing: I can manage to do all these in 2 weeks but help is welcome!
Third thing: I also need to create an item + finish the Snake Lord


Here is what I need atm from you guys:
- Some pixel artists support (and not only advices, edits too!), especially for the Snake Lord
- Someone who can create a new quest into a script which involves these items as rewards

Remember, with a little help, all of this can be done in 1 month!

Best regards,
Ali-G
you can manage to do all these in 2 weeks but help is welcome
Ali-G wrote:- Some pixel artists support (and not only advices, edits too!), especially for the Snake Lord
If i edit the images then i do the work.
Ali-G wrote:- Someone who can create a new quest into a script which involves these items as rewards
If i create a new quest and write the script then i do the work.
Ali-G wrote:Remember, with a little help, all of this can be done in 1 month!
How can you be sure since you are asking other people to do the work?

What will you do for this project If i edit the images and i create a new quest and write the script?

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 06:09
by Alige
gor wrote:How can you be sure since you are asking other people to do the work?
Because I am sure I take more time to do pixel art than anybody else here.
gor wrote:What will you do for this project If i edit the images and i create a new quest and write the script?
I already launched the project... This is why I can comment, give ideas and improve.

I thought about the help I needed... The item's icons + the Snake Lord are the priorities for me and these are the things I do the worse. So please start by that.

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 06:12
by yubabax116
Ali-G wrote:Because I am sure I take more time to do pixel art than anybody else here.
Thats a funny untrue statement. name a few pixel items you have made for this game.


Yubaba

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Posted: 12 Apr 2011, 07:54
by Alige
Only made the ice cube + mallard's eye skill

EDIT:
I also did a lot of corrections (terranite helmet, potions, etc...)