[REQ] Monsters for New Tulimshar Area

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [REQ] Monsters for New Tulimshar Area

Post by Merlin »

I'm actully almost fiished with the re-make of the tilesets. I'm in-between ISP's and have just moved to a new location and I dont have the files to post the progress but I'll see about starting some monsters for the area. I'm kinda hoping to wait for Len's desert cliffs to be done but the ones from axxtroll work very well as well.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

would i be able to get these files asap? it would be very helpful.
Also help on developing monsters would be great i appreciate all the help and contributions i can get.

Yubaba
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I'm posting them in the Thread of the remake of the area now. This isn't final and is still subject to approval from the content director so I wouldn't consider these set in stone.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Thanks i will look at the threat, also this dragon is amazing i will love to add it as one of the fiends on my map! thanks for the post Merlin. :D

Yubaba
Attachments
Dragon.png
Dragon.png (89.84 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I would refrain from adding this. It's not exactly clear if it's acceptable to use and isn't even close to quality that we expect even if we loosened the perspective guidelines it's still not good enough pixel quality. Yubba your pretty new here and perhaps you don't understand how the graphics dev works around here. You can't just pop in and request sprites and expect someone to do the work for you right away. If you want something done around here you have to usually do it yourself.
MerlinX420
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Merlin i have been on this game for 3 years, and i finally want to do some work for this server. as i said i am working on a map but a little help wouldnt hurt at all with monsters on it.

Yubaba
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Well then you should know that monsters seem to be the one thing that is hardly ever done by graphics artists and new maps don't need to have new monsters. Perhaps some of the woodland monsters could be used. I'm not sure what lvl range you intend but I think there's a lack of black scorpions and red slimes in the dessert area and they originally came from that zone. I could edit any of the existing monster's into something newish to fit the level range and content design of the area if it really comes down to it.
MerlinX420
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

My goal is to make a new project for tmw, you dont see woodland monsters in the desert. I know monsters are barely made but i also said it doesnt have to be done right away. Also asked for anyone who wanted to help, if someone doesnt want to help thats fine :) if they do thats great.

Yubaba
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Okay, I understand now what is going on yubabax. You have an idea for something and would like to start working towards making it happen. This is understandable.

Current Art Projects:

Easter

Graveyard Inn

Thermin

Logging Camp

If you would like to add a project, please give more detail. Most people that direct content are willing to do most of the script work or have communications with script writers that can. Most script writers are currently taxed with time, so what is on the list is typically what they work on other than fixing bugs. There is also an active balance project that people are looking into and other related content.

I'm moving this thread because it no longer belongs in art development.
Current character is "Abolish".
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Thanks for this :) i will also consider helping with the other projects on this list. I will Pm you the information about the project i would like to add. It does not have high priority but i would be pleased if it got done in time and im sure the rest of the players would as well.

Yubaba
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
zxzack
Peon
Peon

Post by zxzack »

wow this looks rgeat, unfortunately i cant help with anything (no necessary skills) but i can and will cheer this work on :) :) :) :) :) :wink:
Praecellens Esto!
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I think there's some work being done on some old concepts that might fit the region. Patatme has revisited some of Mudaungs(sp) old concepts and seem to be making some progress. Ummm Angry Camels.... One hump or 2? j/k even thou the idea would be real nice for the dessert area.
MerlinX420