[WIP] White Tiger helmet for Sugar

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

[WIP] White Tiger helmet for Sugar

Post by Anonymous!!! »

I've been meaning to post this for a while.
It's nowhere near complete and I think I'm gonna redo all the side frames but I was working on this mask for Sugar.
Sugar, as I have seen, is probably the nicest player in TMW right now.
She even said and I quote this was said by her after I asked her why she gives face masks to spamming noobs: "It shuts them up lol".
Well that defines sugar for me :P
I wanted to make something to give back to sugar for all that she has done.

I asked her if there was anything I could make for her to try and get ingame and she told me that she'd really like a white tiger mask.
In the end I made a helmet :P

Too bad it was me and my crappy pixeling to take it on but maybe a pixel-pro could help out here?

Side frames I know suck, I think I'll redo them.
I was thinking for a quest maybe an npc who wants white fur, black dye and some sort of base.
Maybe Augustine or whatever his name is can have it...
Is there any helmet that could be the base?
Anyway here is version One... I hope it's okay...
The sprite, side frames need to be redone
The sprite, side frames need to be redone
TigerMask.png (5.13 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
I made an inventory icon too but it was too big and didn't fit 32x32.

Here is an npc incase we need a new one:
I made the npc in my spare time... but now I'm thinking that the tailor would be a better option than to make a new one...
I made the npc in my spare time... but now I'm thinking that the tailor would be a better option than to make a new one...
NPC.png (3.6 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
Any comments, criticism or contribution is welcome.
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [WIP] White Tiger helmet for Sugar

Post by Merlin »

The helm looks fine actually. I'll take a closer look at it and see if I can do anything for it. The npc looks like sugar in the game. :) You add her stump as a background item,but that would just be map/npc placement. Could even animate her and have her walk a little path and then sit on the stump for a bit. I'm guessing for moving npc's there would still have to be a set point for interaction or can that be handled some other way in eAthena? I had the start to a npc of Matt moving around and telling people they sucked. I haven't attempted it but I'm sure I could edit up an animation for it.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

I'll try to keep working on it...
Nice idea with the stump too I'll ad that in :)
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I looked and it looks pretty good actually. You said you were going to touch up/ change the sides. I didn't test it on a player but the eye holes seem a little small. Slightly changing the shape of them might give the mask a slightly different look to it. Maybe it just me but they seem to small and the center seems to take over the helm. Once I get back home and get a mouse in my hands I'll mess around with it and see. TMW is all about the hats. A nice easy 5 frames. Now if you made some white tiger armor to go with the helm I'd be very impressed. It's not really a typical concept for armor but lol I guess anything goes thou when it come to design. I guess you could just edit up a version of the warlord armor but I've kinda always though it seemed kinda "small" and doesn't really stick out at all. I think adding any more gear is on hold untill we switch over to the new playerset.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Tezer
Peon
Peon

Post by Tezer »

Anonymous!!! wrote:I've been meaning to post this for a while.
It's nowhere near complete and I think I'm gonna redo all the side frames but I was working on this mask for Sugar.
Sugar, as I have seen, is probably the nicest player in TMW right now.
She even said and I quote this was said by her after I asked her why she gives face masks to spamming noobs: "It shuts them up lol".
Well that defines sugar for me :P
I wanted to make something to give back to sugar for all that she has done.

I asked her if there was anything I could make for her to try and get ingame and she told me that she'd really like a white tiger mask.
In the end I made a helmet :P

Too bad it was me and my crappy pixeling to take it on but maybe a pixel-pro could help out here?

Sure sugar will like it, yeh she deserves it :)
Side frames I know suck, I think I'll redo them.
I was thinking for a quest maybe an npc who wants white fur, black dye and some sort of base.
Maybe Augustine or whatever his name is can have it...
Is there any helmet that could be the base?
Anyway here is version One... I hope it's okay...
TigerMask.png
I made an inventory icon too but it was too big and didn't fit 32x32.

Here is an npc incase we need a new one:
NPC.png
Any comments, criticism or contribution is welcome.
The aim of war is not to die for your country but to let the other guy die for his :P
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

MerlinX420 wrote:I looked and it looks pretty good actually. You said you were going to touch up/ change the sides. I didn't test it on a player but the eye holes seem a little small. Slightly changing the shape of them might give the mask a slightly different look to it. Maybe it just me but they seem to small and the center seems to take over the helm. Once I get back home and get a mouse in my hands I'll mess around with it and see. TMW is all about the hats. A nice easy 5 frames. Now if you made some white tiger armor to go with the helm I'd be very impressed. It's not really a typical concept for armor but lol I guess anything goes thou when it come to design. I guess you could just edit up a version of the warlord armor but I've kinda always though it seemed kinda "small" and doesn't really stick out at all. I think adding any more gear is on hold untill we switch over to the new playerset.
I once made a leopardskin shirt XD
Armor idea I'll take on but I think I will just base it to be some woolly armor... Maybe as a part of the quest the player would take white fur to selim to be dyed for the armor... I'm thinking the armor can be a woolly coat or something that would match the helmet.
I think I'll stick to the helmet right now though as you said ^^
Maybe there can be some quest to get a special dye to dye white fur so it can be black fur or whatever to be the stripes.
I might start work on a quest. :)
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald