[REQ] Wolf Monster

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Re: [REQ] Wolf Monster

Post by nelson6e65 »

2 kind of wolf would be good! A dark and a light... and a spell like #chipchip, but something like #tamewolf to make 1 light wolf like a familiar for some minutes. :D

~~~~This is in agree with Reid :P
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

-deleted by me-
Last edited by cardmaster on 14 Dec 2011, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Tameable combat pets would make a nice skill. It would really fit an archer class. (Think Hunter class in WOW,even thou that ability is in NO way something only found in that game and has been done way before it I'm sure.) It would be nice to be a permanent summons and not limited to a small time frame. Maybe even a summon-able demon/imp for dark magic users. Alot of the class specific abilities I would like to see in the game do mirror other skills in many other mmo's. I have a metric ton of ideas about this. I don't know if they implementable but some of them I'm sure can be done. I'd focus there but I have my hands full with tilesets atm. Then there's daunting task of the player-sheets for all already existing equipment. By the time I get around to it I'm sure I'll probably have a ton more ideas from other games. XD Granted creating all these abilities would unbalance the game even further but I think the addition of magic without adding any other real skills unbalanced it so much anyways. I could go on about this but it's off-topic anyways. :P

Still this is a very well done monster. It shows that you've put lots of detailed thought into it's creation. I would expect this would set the bar high for future additions. As far as color/strength variants go I could see maybe 4 types of this creature. Brown,White,Grey and black (dark grey). Sure I know just using recolored monsters is lame but they do it in every freaking game since the dawn of video game rpgs.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
pateame

Post by pateame »

I followed the Trello post about this concept and the main problem seems to be perspective.
[+] About perspective:
Len did a great job drawing the perspective on front view, so I used that reference again to proceed.
I think that head on side views need to be redrawed to fit with 45°, for example:
Redraw sketch:
Image Image
The spritesheet file on my dropbox (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12510339/tmw/2011/wolf.png )
is updated automatically (rewrited) when I do some changes, so I didn't repost updates here or on trello.
IDK what will happen first. If level-up my char again or post this concept finished, let me find out.
Last edited by pateame on 14 Dec 2011, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think it looked better before.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

Crush wrote:I think it looked better before.
Agreed. It looks out-of-place and a bit weird...
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

Nami97 wrote:
Crush wrote:I think it looked better before.
Agreed. It looks out-of-place and a bit weird...
Indeed
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

pateame wrote:I followed the Trello post about this concept and the main problem seems to be perspective.
[+] About perspective:
Len did a great job drawing the perspective on front view, so I used that reference again to proceed.
I think that head on side views need to be redrawed to fit with 45°, for example:
Redraw sketch:
Image Image
The spritesheet file on my dropbox (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12510339/tmw/2011/wolf.png )
is updated automatically (rewrited) when I do some changes, so I didn't repost updates here or on trello.
IDK what will happen first. If level-up my char again or post this concept finished, let me find out.
You just turned the head in the correct angle, but the body is still in the old one, it's maybe why he looks like a mutant-wolf. I don't got the time to do a try, but I hope that you see what I mean.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect