Flowers :>

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Flowers :>

Post by meway »

I got board so I drew some flowers.
Attachments
flower8.PNG
flower8.PNG (6.65 KiB) Viewed 3562 times
flowers.PNG
flowers.PNG (2.87 KiB) Viewed 3562 times
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Re: Flowers :>

Post by enchilado »

Downscaled art, unfortunately, almost always looks rubbish and it is very unlikely that anything created in this way will be suitable for use.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Even though you are correct, It is good practice, I will add on to your point and say it also reduces the outlines that mana world for what ever reason loves so much. But I also want to point out that you don't want background noise (I will call it this) to be as obvious as other things like buildings and mobs.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

poison_ivy wrote:Downscaled art, unfortunately, almost always looks rubbish and it is very unlikely that anything created in this way will be suitable for use.
i would have to disagree...Downscaled art is useful if done right...there are silly filter trick that can get fast results,after Downscaled art its good to cut down the on the number colors and add your detail...keep in mind that Downscaled art will give you size and shape of what you mite want...
use Downscaled art as a guide to get what you want....

upscaled art is not the same and hard to make work in any way...

that what i think

------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

If someone manages to make something nice by drawing it large and downscaling it, I have no qualms about it being used. Until then, I stand by my point and urge you to draw things at their final size.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

in any case How is the large flower? lol
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

double posting because I am getting some disappointing responses. How is the art people?
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

I like it, but I think it's a little too dark. Other than that I like it.
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

I don't like the choice of colors- I-can't-set-colors-on-MSPaint blue and unmatching "vintage" rotten green.
But shape itself is great.
I'm Image too much.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

everything I draw is in mspaint. Than I switch to gimp and make changes where it is needed.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Why use MS Paint if your art is worse because of it?
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

you can't point out something I did in gimp and something I did in paint. So don't judge my work based off the program I used.
pateame

Post by pateame »

I also use two different softwares, but instead ms-paint I use kpaint (kolourpaint), just because it gives you alpha-channel and keyboard shorcuts to do things without clicking too much, keep focused on click over pixels.
Here's some try on your draw with kpaint:
I just rotate it and scaled it using kpaint to show some potential of that tool, any other modification maded except a different pallete. It rotates with interpolation-none, not perfect but helps sometimes. A similar tool for windows users could be Paint.net, it also has the same features and some extra.
GIMP is just too evil as to be used always, layers can save some time, but consume your soul :evil:
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

as we are on the subject of flowers, I would like to see some flower variants, *not including recolors and scales* It would be nice to see the mappers have options.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Not needed, but you are welcome to work on it. Please note, though, that that if you draw it large and downscale it it will likely not be accepted.