Colors

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Colors

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I was just wondering about the color brown.

I noticed that there was new things added such as the Apprentice robe, The White Wizard and Black Wizard robe..

The robes look exacly like silk robes. The silk robe is already white and you can already dye the silk robe black. the stats are the same (im not complaining) i just dont see the reason to add these things when you can already recieve them. When on irc i do see developers saying they would like to avoid recoloring items in game and say its a new item which i totally agree.

Also the apprentice robe is brown and alot of people would like to use the color brown on tmw. cant you just add one of the dyable colors on tmw brown? i think it might be possible if the developers agree.

below is a picture of the "new" silk robes which i think shouldnt be used due to just being a recolored item (with the same stats). Also a regular silk robe to compare.

Cheers!
Attachments
Armor-chest-robe.png
Armor-chest-robe.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
Armor-chest-whitewizardrobe.png
Armor-chest-whitewizardrobe.png (3.53 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
Armor-chest-apprenticerobe.png
Armor-chest-apprenticerobe.png (3.47 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Colors

Post by Wombat »

These are tiered equipment for wizard armor. Brown may be released when we release the 9 new colors, which is still pending a decision for what they will be for dyeable equipment.
Current character is "Abolish".
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Wombat wrote:These are tiered equipment for wizard armor. Brown may be released when we release the 9 new colors, which is still pending a decision for what they will be for dyeable equipment.
I like the idea of solid robes, but would it be possible to dye the trim as well? That would be awesome if its not too much trouble.
sexy red bearded GM
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Coloring the line? Sure it is possible, shouldn't take long at all. We'll think of that while doing the balance project. Thanks for the idea Big Crunch.

EDIT: We are thinking of double-colored equipments, not triple because that would give (# of colors)^3 different items. With the current colors and double-colored equipments, we can make 121 (=11^2) different robes for example. But of course we can have less colors for the lines than for the major part of the robe. That is a lot of work which is pretty easy in fact. I volunteer to do that when necessary, I like playing with the item database. :)