Idea: Elements Sword for Warrior (Long Range attack)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Idea: Elements Sword for Warrior (Long Range attack)

Post by Jael RD »

This is an idea that i got: as i saw mages and archers have an excellent arsenal include in pvp areas, so imagine a new sword that could equilibrate the pvp areas and the range attack for warrior, The Elements Sword: maybe 6 quest for it:

1st quest: you will get a long sword not a big deal about damage maybe low damage at first, Maybe collecting 50 Jack O Souls (Soul Sword) (+80 damage)

2nd quest: you make the sword better and getting some monster oil, Bone knife or seltzer better, 1 four leaf clover + 100,000gp = 1 Elements Sword (+115 damage normal) (an sword that can control The Ancient Mystical Elements)

but this not the end you need to handle and The Ancient Mystical Elements:
for that you need to complete one ONLY one of these 5 quest, so be wise:

EARTH (you need: 40 Terranite Ore + 15 Rotten rags + 4 Diseased Heart +60 pearls + 100,000gp)
Earth represents the solid state of matter. It manifests stability, permanence and rigidity. the classification of earth is an "element" of Life. (This element give the Sword the faculty of shoot earth or stones to the enemies so you got long range attack like arrows and how the earth is an element of life you got +10 vitality and a total damage of +120.

WATER (you need: 40 Terranite Ore + 15 Dark Crystal + 40 Ice Cube +60 Frozen Yeti Tears + 100,000gp)
Water characterizes change and represents the liquid state. Water is necessary for the survival of all things. Water is a substance without stability. (This element give the Sword the faculty of shoot a blast of water to the enemies so you got long range attack like arrows and how the water is an element is a substance without stability or form you got +10 agi and a total damage of +120

AIR (you need: 40 Jack O Soul + 15 Diamond +1 Diamond Powder +60Poltergeist Powder + 200,000gp)
Air is the gaseous form of matter which is mobile and dynamic. Within the body, air (oxygen) is the basis for all energy transfer reactions. It is a key element required for fire to burn. Air is existence without form. (This element give the Sword the faculty of shoot a blast of air to the enemies so you got long range attack like arrows and how theair is an element Air is existence without form you got +10 Dex and a total damage of +125

FIRE (you need: 40 Jack O Soul + 15 Ruby +1 Ruby Powder +80Pile Of Ash + 200,000gp)
Fire is the power to transform solids into liquids, to gas, and back again. In other words, it posses power to transform the state of any substance. Fire is considered a form without substance. (This element give the Sword the faculty of shoot a blast of Fire to the enemies so you got long range attack like arrows and how the Fire is considered a form without substance you got +10 lucky and a total damage of +125

ETHER (you need: 40 Terranite Ore +40 Jack O Soul + 10 Ruby +10 diamonds +15 Rotten rags +1 Ruby Powder +1 Diamond Powder +40 Pile Of Ash +30 Frozen Yeti Tears + 300,000gp)
Either is the space in which everything happens. It is the field that is simultaneously the source of all matter and the space in which it exists. (This element give the Sword the faculty of shoot a blast of Energy Combination of 4 elemets to the enemies so you got long range attack like arrows and how is the space in which everything happens you got +2lucky +2vit +2agi +2tr and a total damage of +130

**( any suggestion something plz?)**

note: I WILL CHANGE SOMETHING WITH YOUR SUGGESTION PLZ COMMENT AND LETS MAKE THIS IDEA MORE EQUILIBRATE AND INTERESTING.
Last edited by Jael RD on 17 Aug 2011, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Idea: Elements Sword for Warrior (Long Range attack)

Post by Crush »

When it has a longer range and also some nifty attribute bonuses, it should have less damage than weapons who do not. The reason is balance. I am only talking about balance between different warrior weapons here. Not balance between classes.

When you add something which is "just plain better" than something else, you make that something else unnecessary. But when you add something which has its pros and cons against existing options, you are making the game more diverse and interesting to play.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

Crush wrote:When it has a longer range and also some nifty attribute bonuses, it should have less damage than weapons who do not. The reason is balance. I am only talking about balance between different warrior weapons here. Not balance between classes.

When you add something which is "just plain better" than something else, you make that something else unnecessary. But when you add something which has its pros and cons against existing options, you are making the game more diverse and interesting to play.
Thanks very much, I sincerely do value your opinion.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I like the idea in general. I even like that they're tough to get. I did notice that some are a little unbalanced in the 'How to attain' part though.
I like the range feature too, but damage seems high, unless it swings slower than other weapons. To compensate for their high damage and range, maybe make them 2-handed swords to disallow any shield bonus. PLEASE!... lol, there are none in the game.
Another thing is that if it has range... it should consume something.... maybe even just magic, thus making it tougher to distribute attribute points as intelligence would be needed to sustain the swords effects.
I very much like this idea, but make sure to check the weapons list on wiki so that you don't create something that has already been created.
See you at the GraveYard.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Yes, lets give the meatshields long range attacks and more damage... The hell with balance I want a super class (why is it some people can't understand the concept of a tank and that some classes are just not for pvp)
Last edited by Len on 17 Aug 2011, 23:05, edited 2 times in total.
Pixel Battalion
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

Ledmitz wrote:I like the idea in general. I even like that they're tough to get. I did notice that some are a little unbalanced in the 'How to attain' part though.
I like the range feature too, but damage seems high, unless it swings slower than other weapons. To compensate for their high damage and range, maybe make them 2-handed swords to disallow any shield bonus. PLEASE!... lol, there are none in the game.
Another thing is that if it has range... it should consume something.... maybe even just magic, thus making it tougher to distribute attribute points as intelligence would be needed to sustain the swords effects.
I very much like this idea, but make sure to check the weapons list on wiki so that you don't create something that has already been created.
See you at the GraveYard.
Nice ideas buddy!, Thanks, I sincerely do value your opinion.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

:lol: Anyways If your done with the self indulgence, I think a stun attack would be the best way to make warriors competitive in PVP (not the uber power wave of death).
Pixel Battalion
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Len wrote::lol: Anyways If your done with the self indulgence, I think a stun attack would be the best way to make warriors competitive in PVP (not the uber power wave of death).
i agree with the stun attack.

However lets not mock new people that have ideas. The guy has a decent idea that, sure, its way over powered. But once he gets educated on the way things work balance wise, meaning warriors are Chocolate Cupcake, he will realize the folly of his ways.

Seriously, the idea is nice but the things it would need are, in my opinion, a max range of 3, with the 3rd square doing only a tiny bit of damage. The second square doing perhaps 50% of damage, and square 1 doing 75%. If you are on the same square, you do 110% of damage, but that would be a risky venture as you wouldnt have a shield and there fore are alot more squishy.

A brief opinion off the top of my head.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

Len wrote::lol: Anyways If your done with the self indulgence, I think a stun attack would be the best way to make warriors competitive in PVP (not the uber power wave of death).
well, is only an idea, but really a Warrior cant defeat a mage or and archer without magic help like ·#Asorm (a magic Shield) or fast to run after him and hit before you get kill with arrows, so a weapon that allow you a large range of attack until you cant use maybe some parts of your armor or -35 def could do pvp and game more interesting. and is a big Quest adventure to get this full weapon.
Keep giving your opinions and ideas...
Thanks, I do value your participation.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

Len wrote:Image
Yes, lets give the meatshields long range attacks and more damage... The hell with balance I want a super class (why is it some people can't understand the concept of a tank and that some classes are just not for pvp)
ok as you said the game is in perfect balance (yeahh right). well puppet guy, i don't want a super class, just balance a litter bit, like the pvp for example, not to be better than another, so the 3 classes can participate in pvp areas and a good stats make the difference . i am agreed with Big Crunch i dont know a lot about the game almost like 3 weeks here or less, and i like Big Crunch idea about the % for each square, thats a good idea, but unfortunately i cant figure out how the puppet is going to help or contribute. the weapon is unbalance? well as everyone else you could contribute to make it balanced or you could continue been an..... well.. been a puppet guy.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Seriously, the idea is nice but the things it would need are, in my opinion, a max range of 3, with the 3rd square doing only a tiny bit of damage. The second square doing perhaps 50% of damage, and square 1 doing 75%. If you are on the same square, you do 110% of damage, but that would be a risky venture as you wouldnt have a shield and there fore are alot more squishy.
So you want to give warriors a two handed range weapon that they will do crap damage with (isn't that just a bow with a sword sprite)? With all due respect how is this different from equipping a bow and then switching to a sword at short range?

Why not combine that idea with the stun idea? Have a stun with a range of 3 at that range give it a 50% chance to stun for 5 seconds and have the chance increase with less distance (This would need a long recharge time to keep warriors from spamming it). This would also help to keep monsters on you when others are attacking it.
but unfortunately i cant figure out how the puppet is going to help or contribute.
Sorry I originally thought Ledmitz was your sock puppet (account made by you) due to his register timing, I've change my mind on that.
ok as you said the game is in perfect balance (yeahh right). well puppet guy, i don't want a super class, just balance a litter bit, like the pvp for example, not to be better than another, so the 3 classes can participate in pvp areas and a good stats make the difference .
No, the game isn't balanced (and I never implied that it was) mages are overpowered. But that's mostly due to them having no cast time and the inability to be interrupted (or miss). Also I would like to reiterate that this is not Star Craft, certain classes have certain roles and some of those roles lend themselves better to PvP than others. Take Everquest warriors for instance, they are the must have tanks for PVE but in PvP all you had to do was root or slow them to render them helpless.
Pixel Battalion
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Every time I play a fantasy game of any kind, I can't help but compare it to Dungeons & Dragons. In the advanced rule set, they had all the quirks worked out.
I agree with Big Crunch that Warriors are Chocolate Cupcake... however this it what makes rare and magical items so important to a melee fighter in order to at least compare in power at higher levels. At lower levels, in both games the Fighter/warrior has an advantage, while a magic user would suffer the most, but was still useful enough to the party to keep around. The difference between Archers and Melee fighters, simply lied in their attributes and skills, but at least Bows where accessible from the very beginning, as were spells to magic users, thus helping one to character build from the beginning of the game. One thing that I don't like about this game is the Attribute Reset. I have used it many times now, myself, in order to complete quests and better my character, but removing.... no... making this reset harder to obtain, I feel, would only force players to work in a party or at least a group more often. Asking for help from a magic user should be part of the fun and social aspect of online gaming, in this case.
To speed it up... Items like these should exist, but should be limited in number, really hard to obtain, limited in range and cost so much in components or MP to use that you have to save up... something... in order to go on a ranged FlurryFest... otherwise, it would just be a 2-handed sword (wink) with a little damage or 'to hit' plus... or something similar. But again, Who plans on making the sprites and coding for these things?

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

KrofGninut
Newly Registered User

Post by KrofGninut »

Ledmitz wrote: At lower levels, in both games the Fighter/warrior has an advantage, while a magic user would suffer the most, but was still useful enough to the party to keep around.
I might have to agree about the stat reset. Although finding a party can be pretty tough, on the other hand.
Anyway, for the quoted part, I think that is a trope; it's called "linear fighters, quadratic wizards" where fighters start off decent and incrementally get better, while wizards start off awful but have the potential to become living artillery that rains fiery death on everything.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Well, to add to this a little: Like Len said, while mages Are overpowered, especially in terms of PVP, different "classes" aren't meant to all equal out in the end. If you go to almost any MMORPG, you'll see that while each class has it's pros and cons, by the time they reach higher levels classes are all about specializing. Some will be better at PVP than others, some will be better at killing large amounts of monsters, etc. In one game I was playing, only one class could really do well at PVP without a Cleric using buffing spells to protect them and give them higher max hp. My point is, stat choices aside, most warriors can stand still and take punishment while fighting, but mages can't without a large vitality stat and the protect spell.

In regards to the Elemental weapons idea - the way you describe this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. For this kind of weapon to make any sense, since it has "magical properties", it would probably need to have 2 kinds of attack values - one for physical damage, and one for elemental/magical damage. For the magic damage to be at all good, the player would probably need some amount of Int to raise the magic damage. I love the idea of a mage/warrior, since it doesn't really work with what we have so far.... but think about it. The downside to warriors is that they need to balance between str, agi, vit, dex, and luck just to be decent and survive. So if you add this weapon and it requires Int to do good damage, your warrior will have even less of the other stats. And if you didn't require that, it would just be giving warriors the only advantage the other classes have on them - long range attacking.

Not to get down on anyone or their ideas, just trying to paint a logical picture here :P. Technically, if we're back to the whole pvp is unfair debate, my old suggestion still stands: Players should have some base magic defense, since the magic def from terranite gear is kind of laughable - and that's what you get at level 80 I believe...
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

mistergrey wrote:Well, to add to this a little: Like Len said, while mages Are overpowered, especially in terms of PVP, different "classes" aren't meant to all equal out in the end. If you go to almost any MMORPG, you'll see that while each class has it's pros and cons, by the time they reach higher levels classes are all about specializing. Some will be better at PVP than others, some will be better at killing large amounts of monsters, etc. In one game I was playing, only one class could really do well at PVP without a Cleric using buffing spells to protect them and give them higher max hp. My point is, stat choices aside, most warriors can stand still and take punishment while fighting, but mages can't without a large vitality stat and the protect spell.

In regards to the Elemental weapons idea - the way you describe this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. For this kind of weapon to make any sense, since it has "magical properties", it would probably need to have 2 kinds of attack values - one for physical damage, and one for elemental/magical damage. For the magic damage to be at all good, the player would probably need some amount of Int to raise the magic damage. I love the idea of a mage/warrior, since it doesn't really work with what we have so far.... but think about it. The downside to warriors is that they need to balance between str, agi, vit, dex, and luck just to be decent and survive. So if you add this weapon and it requires Int to do good damage, your warrior will have even less of the other stats. And if you didn't require that, it would just be giving warriors the only advantage the other classes have on them - long range attacking.

Not to get down on anyone or their ideas, just trying to paint a logical picture here :P. Technically, if we're back to the whole pvp is unfair debate, my old suggestion still stands: Players should have some base magic defense, since the magic def from terranite gear is kind of laughable - and that's what you get at level 80 I believe...

Thnkx, i like that idea about magical defense instead the long range attack.