[WIP] Thermin Tilesets

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[WIP] Thermin Tilesets

Post by Alige »

I wanted to make a whole new topic about because we need to focus on the 3 thermin tilesets, nothing else about Thermin in that topic.
There are 3 thermin tilesets for now, they all need some work but unfortunatly, I'm not good enough to do that work. I posted here what I could do by myself and will also put, as comments, what still need to be done on each of the tilesets.
What still needs to be added:<br />- Water<br />- Bigger Rocks<br />- Dark Carpet<br />- Stalagmite
What still needs to be added:
- Water
- Bigger Rocks
- Dark Carpet
- Stalagmite
thermin-cave.png (27.29 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
What still needs to be added:<br />- Fences<br />- Chimney<br />- Fireplace<br />- Open and Closed Windows<br />We also need to make the walls more easy to use.
What still needs to be added:
- Fences
- Chimney
- Fireplace
- Open and Closed Windows
We also need to make the walls more easy to use.
thermin-town.png (89.34 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
Ali-G
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [WIP] Thermin Tilesets

Post by Merlin »

walls weren't really done yet. I originally thought those could be used for interior walls but there's another set for that. Still would work for some open stuff. I thought I had some tileing errors with that roof and was going to redo it. I started drawing some fringe stuff based off other stuff in the game. Here's a incomplete sheet with some stuff still half done. The old suff from other sets is just placeholders that give me a general idea of the stuff I'm going to add. (Carpet,trap door etc.)
Attachments
map.png
map.png (78.67 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Updated:
  • Cave - Nothing
  • Indoor - Removed some outside tiles and fixed few things.
  • Outdoor - Added some fringe tiles and cleaned the tileset a bit.
Needs to be done:
  • Add some more fringe tiles to the thermin cave tileset.
  • Add some water tiles to the thermin cave tileset.
  • Change all the wood from the thermin indoor tileset.
  • Add more fringe tiles, for example add a bar and more pictures on the wall.
  • Add a chimney to the thermin indoor tileset, this area is freezing, remember!
  • Add some side stairs to the thermin indoor tileset.
  • Show me how the walls on the right of the thermin outdoor tileset can be used. If not, delete them.
  • Clean the thermin outdoor tileset and make it easy to use, at the moment it isn't easy.
Thats about it, thanks MerlinX420, keep it up! :)
Attachments
thermin-outdoor.png
thermin-outdoor.png (94.13 KiB) Viewed 6157 times
thermin-indoor.png
thermin-indoor.png (80.86 KiB) Viewed 6157 times
thermin-cave.png
thermin-cave.png (27.29 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the indoor tiles you've imported from other tilesest don't work, in my opinion. They won't fit the style of the others. You also imported some very, very old tiles which don't match the graphic guidelines anymore, like the cupboard which is using vanishing point perspective.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

What Crush said; these tilesets will need either no props or new props.
Ali-G wrote:What still needs to be added:
- Dark Carpet
No.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

SCCCRRRREEECCCCKKKKKKK....(Merlin puts on the brakes)

Change out the wood on the inside? I was kinda using that as my base for the wood in thermin tiles. I had to expand the palate beyond what was there to make some shading work and such.
Also you moved objects that were just place holders onto the outside set and I haven't even edited those to fit yet. XD
I need a palate for wood if I am to continue.
I see what crush was saying about the cupboard that doesn't match the guidelines. The one he did for the woodland set actually meets them.

I agree with ench. No "dark" carpet. This place needs some sort of color. It shouldn't be bright but not dark. I'm open for color suggestions.
I kinda edited one that's not to dark, but it's exactly bright. The light shade of purple kinda works. IDK. I didn't do anything special to the trim and figured I'm not going to until I can get some color direction.

Here's an update so far on the worksheet. I wouldn't move anything off this sheet. Don't even consider it a WIP until I tag it. XD It's still conceptual stuff atm.
The bogus shelves will be deleted. I just left them on just because. Still look nice. I'll save them still but I have no use for it so what do I do with it? I don't like the stone end table now that I think of it. That will most likely be turned to wood. Something like the shadow that's missing under the desk/table will be added. Just noticed that. Any feedback or suggestions as what I should use for anything else? I have a couple more things I'm going to edit to fit once we figure out the whole wood situation. I'll have more in a week or maybe in a few days.
Attachments
map.png
map.png (81.65 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

nice to hear from ya merlin ;D
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

New furniture would be vastly preferable to recoloured versions of the woodland things. Vastly.
MerlinX420 wrote:I agree with ench. No "dark" carpet.
That's not what I meant. Ali-G said the cave tileset needed a dark carpet, but it's a cave. Caves don't have carpets in them.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

enchilado wrote:That's not what I meant. Ali-G said the cave tileset needed a dark carpet, but it's a cave. Caves don't have carpets in them.
Then I didn't express myself correctly. The indoor carpet MerlinX420 made is exactly what I thought of.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Well I still think it lacks color but it complements the rest of the set well. I noticed the purplish highlights and figured meh. why not a color close to that. I didn't actually "make" the carpet. It's and edited version of the one from the woodlands. I'm still going to make the full one and the fancy trim to go with it. I'm not going to make any more recolors then what's here and they are not going to be the same as they are now. Somethings I want to change on the stuff I did just recolor. I know you would rather have fully original pieces in every set,but even major game companies with paid artist use recolors. It's not that bad. By the time I actually get done with it thou it will probably be redrawn a dozen times. At least with these re-colors you know they are legit. XD
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

just a little update showing some progress as I go
Attachments
map.png
map.png (85.73 KiB) Viewed 6037 times
MerlinX420
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

some things to play with.

[wip] Ice land tileset

Concept ref
Attachments
ice land.png
ice land.png (3.7 KiB) Viewed 5994 times
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

recolored with the pallet chosen by enchilado
Attachments
ice land.png
ice land.png (2.94 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

More. Maybe we can do something with these.
Attachments
ice land.png
ice land.png (1.58 KiB) Viewed 5981 times
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

update.
Attachments
ice land.png
ice land.png (3.88 KiB) Viewed 5944 times