[WIP] New Desert Tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: [WIP] New Desert Tileset

Post by Matt »

Awesome! :shock:
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

was asked :) ...so here you go. just a fast edit ...if this is not what is needed let me know.--skipy
Attachments
desert-top.png
desert-top.png (78.66 KiB) Viewed 5386 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Is there any point in renewing development on this tileset, was it decided that this one was not appropriate for the game or something?
Pixel Battalion
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Len wrote:Is there any point in renewing development on this tileset, was it decided that this one was not appropriate for the game or something?

I wanted to use it for here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=16158

But I am still not sure what was decided from it for changing all Tulimshar graphics to it.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well I kinda finished it another way for Tulimshar mines. (art by Len, Wushin, or from Caves, Docks & crypt)
Chances are I could also finish it for desert cliffs as well.
Attached is a WIP of what could be outdoor cliffs. (granted some work and removal would need to be done.
Attachments
desert-cave-bright.png
desert-cave-bright.png (226.29 KiB) Viewed 5130 times
desert-cave.png
desert-cave.png (214.78 KiB) Viewed 5145 times
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

wushin wrote:Back on topic. Chika-maria I plan on separating the mine from the scaffolding and making 4 sets indoor and outdoor mine and indoor outdoor scaffolding. Both will be cc-by-sa-3.0 and gplv2 unless they are completed after the impending cc-by-sa-3 switch. They will be freely available to any project for any use under those licenses. Len and/or your and/or anyone else is welcome to complete these tiles as well. All I care about is replacing the current cave tileset..
When approved and finished I could definitely think of things to use it for. :alt-6:
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The discussion about the general quality level of TMWs artwork was split to a new thread:
[DIS] Quality level of TMW
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

What I made this desert set into.
Cave Part I
Attachments
cave_bilevel-water-lava.png
cave_bilevel-water-lava.png (235.37 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
cave_bilevel.png
cave_bilevel.png (206.03 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
cave.png
cave.png (168.03 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Cave Part II all this still WIP GPLV2 and CC-by-sa3 good lord contact me for the epic novel that is the authors editors.
Attachments
scaffolding.png
scaffolding.png (166.75 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
cave-transistions.png
cave-transistions.png (71.69 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
cave_x2.png
cave_x2.png (27.06 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I reworked len's Tiles, rotated colors and I replace now grass with sand. There are some color and probably many other errors to be corrected. I prefer the more contrasted version at the bottom. Maybe it will give you a couple of ideas.
Len-Desert.gif
Len-Desert.gif (174.6 KiB) Viewed 4832 times
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

You removed most of the color variation from the set, so now everything is essentially the same hue making visually boring and flat.

Here's a very, very, very crappy edit to demonstrate a better color choice
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-2.png (131.68 KiB) Viewed 4791 times
Pixel Battalion
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Len wrote:Image
You removed most of the color variation from the set, so now everything is essentially the same hue making visually boring and flat.

Here's a very, very, very crappy edit to demonstrate a better color choice
I don't like your crappy color choice and prefer mine. I wanted brown rocks not grey ones, I Changed small rock's color until I got something something I like. And yes I have tones in close hues, it is totally intentional. These look like what I had in mind:
Spoiler:
That's ok I don't want to do something prejudicial to your honor; I'll respect the Berne convention though it is GPL incompatible. I flush my work to the toilets and forest tileset that I wanted to use in a map as well.
Berne convention wrote:Art 6 bis:(1) Independently of the author's economic rights, and even after the transfer of the said rights, the author shall have the right to claim authorship of the work and to object to any distortion, mutilation or other modification of, or other derogatory action in relation to, the said work, which would be prejudicial to his honor or reputation.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Too much drama Nard, too much drama.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Matt wrote:Too much drama Nard, too much drama.
No drama from my side here. If len feels I rape his work, he has the right to say it. I'll spend my time somewhere else, that's all. I just think there are ways to say things a bit more kindly.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

Don't take this the wrong way Len, but don't be such a prick. I'd like to see by what definition of the word "honor", that his mod of your artwork damages in any way. The man has a vision, why not just let him roll with it. It's not as if he photoshopped a copy of the mona lisa into a giant dildo or something.
end of line.