Graphics development [feel free to move to player talk]

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Graphics development [feel free to move to player talk]

Post by meway »

Enchilado has seemingly quit. I have offered to take the position of new graphics lead but...

Some people decided to go behind my back and decide right away that I (specifically me) will not be that person. They said that I am not constructive, that I am immature, and have no social skills.
I am set out to prove these people wrong and get pixeling like I have for this project for ,hmm, about 3 years, in 3 months and 2 days. I want to set the new pixel standard and I don't mind teaching new pixel artist some tricks I have learned along the way. I would like to encourage the creation of sprite sheets when possible. Mapping, scripting, and writing are equally important. If we don't have the writing or scripting we don't have a use for the graphics art. This does not mean that the art is no good. Simply If you are at a level where you know your work is good. Its time to learn how to write and/or script. This way you can make your own scripts write them and have a purpose for your art. As this is not necessarily required it is encouraged. But really my goal goes a little like this.

something like this is acceptable Image But we really want something like this Image
o11c wrote:Since you are not on the tmwAthena Board, it is not accurate to speak of "going behind your back". The reason we did the is because we suspected that you would respond immaturely, a suspicion that has proven well-founded. At least this way we managed to have a meaningful discussion before you got involved.

As posted in Council (which you read) and mentioned on IRC (which you read), we're probably going to do without an Art Leader. The current system wasn't really working anyway ... when it gets finalized one of us (the Board) will post something in this forum. I don't expect the interim to negatively affect any artist's progress.

The forum is not a place for you to create a discussion after you've lost an argument on IRC ... and vice versa.
Thanks for verifying that you being part of "the board" and others did have a discussion about me. One of witch I was not informed of until after the fact. This being "behind my back". I act the way I do when you decide it is appropriate to insinuate that I act immaturely and than proceed to try and justify it. This is to discuss a new art standard not just to discuss how much you can prove yourself to be an ass (excuse me) and be rude to me. And I would like to point out I am part of "the board"
Last edited by meway on 18 Oct 2011, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Graphics development [feel free to move to player talk]

Post by Crush »

It really hurts me to see how the graphic development team is currently breaking apart and how everyone is driven away from each other by needless power struggle.

Part of me wants to come back and pull the team together just like in the old times, but then I take a look at my timetable and realize that I simply don't have time for that anymore. Damn, 24 hours a day are just not enough.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

meway wrote: But really my goal goes a little like this.
something like this is acceptable Image But we really want something like this Image
Not only is this my goal but in addition to it. I would like for each item in the game to have a purpose when it is created. When you see somebody working on new graphics. Help them and theorize a use for it. If you can't think of any use than think of the topic as good practice for brushing up on skills. This is a nice thread to read. http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =4&t=12163 This thread contains information about how you would actually get your items into the game.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=14882
This is a good thread for discussion about tmw standards

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Guidelines
This is a good link to reference on guidelines.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Hm, some posts got deleted?
meway wrote:This is to discuss a new art standard not just to discuss how much you can prove yourself to be an ass (excuse me) and be rude to me.
If that were so, you would not have begun your post by claiming you should be the Art Lead and whining about how we had already reached the consensus that you were unsuitable.
meway wrote:And I would like to point out I am part of "the board"
No, you are not.
Wombat wrote:The Mana World - Athena Development Board Members:

Game Lead: Wombat
Content Lead: Jenalya
Source Lead: o11c
Art Director: enchilado
Sound Lead: Yubaba
Senior Developer: alastrim
Senior Developer: argul
Senior Developer: Kage
Senior Developer: Skipy

This board also dissolves the General Content Team.
---

It's a real pity we can't use #tmw-private to more easily discuss this kind of thing as a single group. But you have access to that channel, and any discussion of such matters, that you become a part of, gets derailed.

And, while I applaud any effort to improve the quality of TMW's graphics, I have a problem with the fact that you are acting as if you have the right to command all of TMW's artists, after we made it abundantly clear that you are not Art Lead.

I know that I'm pushing the line of "don't feed the trolls", but I cannot allow you to spread misinformation about your status or the status or decisions of the tmwAthena Board.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

HA you have got to be kidding me... I will continue as I will. That board is a joke. None of these people are active graphics artist.