[DIS] Castle Walls

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [DIS] Castle Walls

Post by Merlin »

Messing around I've started my own block wall set and and even tried to make my own grass tile. I'm really having problems getting the curved walls to look right and not so "jagged". I'm even more impressed with your set since I can't seem to be able to make something as nice. Here's a SS of a mockup. The floor is the old crypt floor I did to replace the unusable tile. I'm planing on remaking that as well and is just shown for mockup purposes. I'm afraid the grass shows a bit of gridieness. I'm sure I'll get a decent one made eventually, but I figured I'd give it a shot since if I release this when finished to opengame art I'd like to include a complete and original set. No rips, no edits. Just posting it for some CC and pointers.
Attachments
merlin-forfun-tiles.png
merlin-forfun-tiles.png (201.58 KiB) Viewed 9654 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Indigovox
Peon
Peon

Post by Indigovox »

Forgive me if I say something weird (I'm bad in english).
I tried to complete that bridge.
Can I use it in TMW-BR? :mrgreen:
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Here's a set with 2 variants of the tile roof. (tag needs to be changed. crush's grass is used on the merged pieces that where added to fill it up.)
Attachments
tileroofs.png
tileroofs.png (184.3 KiB) Viewed 9529 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Indigovox wrote:Forgive me if I say something weird (I'm bad in english).
I tried to complete that bridge.
Can I use it in TMW-BR? :mrgreen:
As far as I remember I draw those files :) So if you change IvanMorve for Irukard you may use it, as long as you respect GPL2 statements. I'm on vacation right now, but when I get back home I will send you newer - updated version.
Zabin
Newly Registered User

Post by Zabin »

Hello to The Mana World community,

I played this game quite a bit back in 2009. My character "slobovian" I remember getting close to lvl 80. BaseBallBoy will probably remember me. He took a look at the game project I'm playing with and even thought about hosting Dusk for me. This other guy Madcamel considered hosting Dusk for me also. I even talked about Dusk a little on the forums. http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5758 I think Dusk is a pretty neat game (as is) but I think it definitely needs some improvement GUI wise like Crush mentioned in that old forum topic. I've decided to do by best in reviving this old game project by learning to do 2 things. Learn Java coding (so I can improve the GUI and implement more map layers), and be able to pixel art anything (so I can create whatever I need for Dusk).

Castles are very important in Dusk. Certain castles have keys, the clan-leader who has a castle key in their inventor gets to own that castle (also the clan members) until he dies and drops the key. Clans go to war with each-other because one clan is attempting to gain control of that castle.

So to practice my pixel skills I made a castle. I plan to use this Castle on Dusk, but since Dusk has only 1 map layer ATM, don't expect to see me use this until probably a couple years from now. This Castle will actually be put to good use by Bertram on his game "Valyria tear". Here's the links to my game project and Bertrams epic HOA fork.

http://duskrpg.blogspot.com/ my game
http://valyriatear.blogspot.com/ Bertram's game
http://opengameart.org/content/castle-tiles-for-rpgs my castle (CC BY license)

The reason I'm posting in this topic is because I designed the Castle and if TMW wants me to create a derivative of this Castle (with Irukards block texture) I could easily place that texture on this Castle and you guys can have another tile-set to play with ;) licensed GPL.

I also want Irukard to see how I used his bridge in the example. The bridge is not finished and I had to cheat a little (with tile placement) to make it look passable. My question to Irukard "Can I help you finish that bridge and upload it to OpenGameArt?" Of course with the GPL license.

Sorry for such a big example but I wanted everybody to see close up in detail what is possible with the art on OpenGameArt.org :)

shargom
Newly Registered User

Post by shargom »

It'd be interesting if you could create "demo" map in Tiled (using your custom tileset) which could be tested by players/developers - you would got feedback if it really fits to TMW (hope it will :)), or not. Greetings.
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

I like this work and the tiles, but that's sad because there are a lot of work and they stay without no uses