Art Lead

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Art Lead

Post by salmondine »

This is a fun? thread and the dresses really deserve to have serious threads in proper places!
sprite sets take ssoooo loooong to do.
I do have some male formal wear started but I am waiting for skipy to finish player set 100%

Var, wow you have more links than I could find, without that post ty for that .... I really like your pixeling style.
I love it actually.

and please no male sprite versions of dresses lol.

*cough* give mistakes the extortion...I mean blackmail...err payment he deserves!
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

salmondine wrote: *cough* give mistakes the extortion...I mean blackmail...err payment he deserves!
What do you mean exactly? :P
---
pateame

Post by pateame »

but I am waiting for skipy to finish player set 100%
I think playerset is our main blackhole, it doesn't let us develop new items as other project branchs do, like TMW-BR for example.
I know it's part of CR1 goals to finish it, but it makes people feel afraid about develop new stuff for current eAthena server.

About leadership, I think we are not kids as to need a babysitter keeping us motivated. We are supposed to be GPL, but there's a few colaborative effort around.. Our collaborative work should be not only talking, but drawing and teaching too.
Thoughts like "if you start it, you should do it or it never be finished" just feed more trolls and scare away new developers.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

pateame wrote:
but I am waiting for skipy to finish player set 100%
I think playerset is our main blackhole, it doesn't let us develop new items as other project branchs do, like TMW-BR for example.
I know it's part of CR1 goals to finish it, but it makes people feel afraid about develop new stuff for current eAthena server.

About leadership, I think we are not kids as to need a babysitter keeping us motivated. We are supposed to be GPL, but there's a few colaborative effort around.. Our collaborative work should be not only talking, but drawing and teaching too.
Thoughts like "if you start it, you should do it or it never be finished" just feed more trolls and scare away new developers.
is CR1 still alive? If not is there some stuff we can salvage from it?
sexy red bearded GM
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Big Crunch wrote:is CR1 still alive? If not is there some stuff we can salvage from it?
Basically it's dead.

I've never understood the reasoning behind having separate low-level content, it only makes sense to me to separate the high-level things like maps and quests.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

var wrote: Actually, you made run away many artists that know about pixel art with your comments and your "it's not good" or "the shadow is completly wrong" even when it was not that bad, so a part of that responsability is yours, people fed up of your attitude left you here alone.

you even had the guts to comment neorice's work... http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 053#p98053 that's a wombear not a wombat, you would know it if you had put a minimum of effort to read more about the topic but you had to post your "comment"(http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 1321#p1321)

Now that the damage has been done you are leaving this project as you did in the past, proving once again how much irresponsable and not reliable you are, i guess you will try to join some other projects, for the sanity of that ones i hope you wont.

You almost never posted your works, mainly i saw you watching and asking others to do the job, almost no new art came from you (except 2-3 things, just single images), you could show how things must be done with examples directly on the draw (you did this 2-3 times, no more than that), your main motto while talking to others were and i guess still is "it's not yet good" so when will be it be done if it's never good enough?

Probably my rant about you is useless, reading your old posts it always seemed that you knew more than the others (my opinion, i might be wrong), to me yours were just "words" but no works done, sometimes right some others wrong, honestly to me you helped less than what you destroyed. You might know something about pixel art but your attitude kills the will of people to deal with you.
I realise all this. This is why I'm leaving. I went about everything totally the wrong way and I don't want to deter artists or hinder development any longer. I'm sorry for being a dick, but I guess a dick is what I am, and nobody - including myself - wants a dick in such a position.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

There will be no new art lead (though decision is pending, likely to be accepted).

Topic locked.
Current character is "Abolish".