[FND] Lizard Helmet

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [CPT] + [WIP] Lizard Helmet

Post by Alige »

@Lizandra: I now understand your point about the transparency of the fins on the icon, fixed it on this icon. Also made the fins go all the way up to the front.
Attachments
lizard-helmet.png
lizard-helmet.png (3.61 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [FND] Lizard Helmet

Post by Lizandra »

OK....after sweat ant tears...here it is: THE FINAL sprite sheet, i won't edit it again as i think it really looks good now
Attachments
lizardhelm.png
lizardhelm.png (3.52 KiB) Viewed 2961 times

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

pateame

Post by pateame »

I like your effort on this work, it looks great so far. I was looking for a lizard on TMW to fit your item with some kind of storyline or monster drop.
There's a lizard added on current mob database , but it doesn't have any fins like your concept have.
I was thinking about do a new lizard, or add a fin to the current lizard (over his/her head?).
I tryed to understand how you did that awesome work, and here's a concept of a possible monster:
Image (GIF preview doesn't keep your transparent fins, so it's just a preview with white background mixed)
You could develop it easier, you know how to create that nice texture with your pallete after all, I'm just ctrl+c/ctrl+v your work.. sorry for offtopic. ;-)
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

=))))))DDDD ty so much for creating a mob based on my work!

Well, I actually haven't post my idea anywhere, so here it goes: my idea was to revive AxlTrozz's temple (the one with the snake on the wall) http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2244, and make it the realm of the evil Lizard Queen. I imagine that realm inside a huge cave ("Reptilia"), with lots of torches and reptiles all around, maybe some traps as well. I imagine that queen to have a pet, the snake lord or something, that guards the entrance of her chamber.

So your lizard, and other monsters with scales would be most welcome for that project =) For the transparent fins I used the pencil tool on GIMP with 30% opacity. For the scales, I followed this pattern:

(more or less :mrgreen: ) - tip: the scales usually grow in one direction, normally from the head to the tail

I also played with the color palette of that helmet a little bit more and this was the result:
Attachments
desert_lizardhelm.png
desert_lizardhelm.png (2.07 KiB) Viewed 2873 times

Level 76!

Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

Lizandra wrote:=))))))DDDD ty so much for creating a mob based on my work!

Well, I actually haven't post my idea anywhere, so here it goes: my idea was to revive AxlTrozz's temple (the one with the snake on the wall) http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2244, and make it the realm of the evil Lizard Queen. I imagine that realm inside a huge cave ("Reptilia"), with lots of torches and reptiles all around, maybe some traps as well. I imagine that queen to have a pet, the snake lord or something, that guards the entrance of her chamber.

So your lizard, and other monsters with scales would be most welcome for that project =)
I absolutely LOVE this idea. It would help to tie some of the story together too, as the temple is referred to in one of the tales Khafr tells. My mind is already sprouting some base concepts for quests that could fit. :D :twisted:
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

And I think it would perfectly fit, if the temple was inside a cave:

pateame, I worked a little bit on your lizard texture and also with the fin (btw, the opacity for the blue part is 40% and for the red part is 45%...also note that, as the fin is translucent, the other part of the lizard is still visible), anyway here is what I came up with, maybe it is a good basis for your work :wink:

mhm, maybe start a new thread with this mob?
Attachments
liz-sketch_scalestexture.png
liz-sketch_scalestexture.png (1.7 KiB) Viewed 2856 times

Level 76!