Collection of some images

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

var
Novice
Novice

Collection of some images

Post by var »

Hi,

i post here a collection of some images that i drew alone and some that i drew with Natibe's help.
Yes, they have some issues and some concepts are not usable due to tecnical problems (mostly the client does not support the image, the item may looks weird when the player face different directions).
Some char addons
Some char addons
armlet.png (2.19 KiB) Viewed 4494 times
Edit: it seems this is popular... i add the xcf file http://sharesend.com/lbgnu
White dress
White dress
dress.png (7.65 KiB) Viewed 4494 times
Icon for the sorcerer Robe
Icon for the sorcerer Robe
graphics-items-sorcerer-chest-robe.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 4494 times

http://sharesend.com/rofol
Last edited by var on 24 Oct 2011, 03:30, edited 1 time in total.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Collection of some images

Post by salmondine »

Thanks var, if you have more finished, unfinished stuff or concepts please post them.
you never fail to have an interesting pixel art approach.
The Egyptian style skirt is a really nice piece of work.
I always like to see different wing styles as they may get used by someone for a new flying monster, even if player sprites can't use them at this time.
These kinds or reasons are why I believe EVERY piece of concept art is important.
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

I am not a girl but i think a lot of them would like to see the dress finished! ya ya i know its a lot of work... But the question is: do we really need art like this for female&male? Why not a dress just for female players? If someone else want to equip it 'he' could use a female chara...
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

i like the second picture u add, its looks really what i saw at most movies about egypt.
but i dont really like the first one, sorry....i know its for gurls >.<
Why cant boys get one like that but in boy style...
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

What can I say? DAMN WHY CAN'T WE USE WINGS!? I love them! I may try to finish the dress :wink:

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

heh that dress is in the TAW resp. on gitorious. they have interesting things on there im going to add to my server.

Pixel artists might wanna take a look at some of the graphics TAW has and maybe improve them.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Chicka-Maria wrote:Pixel artists might wanna take a look at some of the graphics TAW has and maybe improve them.
Be careful about the license, though. Some TMW servers do not license all content under the GPL. When it comes to equipment you could argue that they are always a derivate work based on the playerset and as such are copyright violations themself when not licensed under it, but two wrongs don't make one right, so even under that assumption TMW can't use it.
Lizandra wrote:What can I say? DAMN WHY CAN'T WE USE WINGS!? I love them! I may try to finish the dress :wink:
In fact we could have wings (even animated) as long as they are part of a piece of torso equipment and as long as they don't overlap the hair or headgear.

It is just impossible to have anything on the back of the character which is a) an item in itself or b) interferes with the zone of the legwear.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Crush wrote:In fact we could have wings as long as they are part of a piece of torso equipment and as long as they don't overlap the hair or headgear.
I loved the wings on UFB. Why do they need to be added to torso armor instead of being their own item?
Also, am I mistaken or do we already have items that don't play nicely with hair? Some of the spiky hairstyles stick out from some hats.

(Note: I am NOT suggesting we remove items or hairstyles from the game. I like how they look, even if they're not high art. I'm just confused by the reasoning.)
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

Chicka-Maria wrote:heh that dress is in the TAW resp. on gitorious. they have interesting things on there im going to add to my server.
Pixel artists might wanna take a look at some of the graphics TAW has and maybe improve them.
Just to clarify, since i dont like at all to read that my work come from places where it does not come (i am the 1st to say that it come from here or there if i took it from other places)

1] If you are refering about this: http://gitorious.org/the-alternate-worl ... female.png you are completly wrong since i drew the dress i posted from scratch from a sketch that i drew and i modified until i obtained this
Dress concept
Dress concept
dress sprite sheet.png (69.24 KiB) Viewed 4429 times
2] Again if you are refering about this: http://gitorious.org/the-alternate-worl ... female.png, that item come from UFB server not TAW, actually Arikel made it using the tank top and the robe, TAW just took it from there.

So please dont say things that art or other things come from here or there if you dont really know from where it really comes, Thanks.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Frost wrote:I loved the wings on UFB. Why do they need to be added to torso armor instead of being their own item?
Draw order issues.

You can't combine them with any armor which is larger than the player sprite (large shoulder pads, for example). The larger parts will be obscured by the wings. The cape of the savior armor which can be worn on some server has the same issue with skirts.

Maybe the UFB guys don't worry about graphic bugs caused by certain equipment combinations, but the TMW content team does.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

Crush, first quote is not mine, it's from chicka :/
Crush wrote:In fact we could have wings (even animated) as long as they are part of a piece of torso equipment and as long as they don't overlap the hair or headgear.
It is just impossible to have anything on the back of the character which is a) an item in itself or b) interferes with the zone of the legwear.
So these wings in particular are good!

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Crush so we could have wings...if drawn a bit differently...hmmm nice...it would be nice.
Var ty for clarifying the dress origins...keeping the GPL stuff straight is a #1 priority.
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

what is the use of wings if we cant fly in the game xD
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox