[WIP] Beret

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

var
Novice
Novice

[WIP] Beret

Post by var »

Hello,

i post a wip attempt of a beret, it lacks of dead frame and icon, i will make future modifications, of course the colors are not the best.
Comments and critiques are welcome.
Beret
Beret
beret-wip.png (20.69 KiB) Viewed 4644 times

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [WIP] Beret

Post by salmondine »

nice var great idea!
Pixiebobs
Novice
Novice

Post by Pixiebobs »

Thats awesome I love it ,

Most people on here as i have Noticed wont reply if they cant be a little negitive ,

No news is sometimes good news.
Breaking News: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get The Heck Over It. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1-800-WAA-WAAA. This is Dr. Sniffle reporting from Quitchur Bitchen
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Pixiebobs wrote:Thats awesome I love it ,

Most people on here as i have Noticed wont reply if they cant be a little negitive ,

No news is sometimes good news.
It isn't about being negative, the process of art criticism is necessary to put out more consistent pixel art for The Mana World. True, some people like to rub it in or take criticism far beyond a pro-active level, but art needs to be criticized to guide the artist towards meeting our guidelines.

This is much better done and understood on trello than this forum.
Current character is "Abolish".
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

It needs antenna :D
I like better the side one.
Backside view from side one is a little flat though near the hair.
If it would be dyable it would be even more awesome :)
I'm Image too much.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Hope this helps.
Attachments
beret-npc.png
beret-npc.png (4.79 KiB) Viewed 4504 times
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

Here's an update of the side version beret, with the outline and dyable this time.

2 versions;

- with a sort of pom pom, i tried to add the "antenna", i achieved nothing good basically because i have no idea how to draw it there, but it seems that could be nice with the pom pom (with the right position and prospective of course...)

- with more colors.
Beret update
Beret update
beret-wip-2.png (31.5 KiB) Viewed 4474 times
i tried to draw the icon too but i didnt achieve anything that could be good.
Beret Icon, first attempt.
Beret Icon, first attempt.
beret-icon.png (357 Bytes) Viewed 4474 times
Derpella i thought to do both versions, the side one and the straight one, maybe with and without pom pom... As i said, for the antenna, nothing good so far :( thank you for the tip, though

Ali-G thank you for the idea, actually my aim is to draw something without the visor, like this:

http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2011/04 ... -Beret.jpg
http://a1reproductions.com/self-portrai ... -monet.jpg
http://www.mulherbeleza.com.br/wp-conte ... 76x250.jpg

which also fixes a little the grown hair hat issue (i mean when the hair is visible over the hat) that is still present, very few hair styles are affected (i counted only 2 so far....), but i cannot make the hat too big, otherwise, the size will be greater than the head that will make it, weird.

i'm not going to post the spritesheet version yet, since it's still just a wip.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

var wrote:which also fixes a little the grown hair hat issue (i mean when the hair is visible over the hat) that is still present, very few hair styles are affected (i counted only 2 so far....), but i cannot make the hat too big, otherwise, the size will be greater than the head that will make it, weird.
Please don't worry about the hair going through the hats, something is being worked on about that, thanks to Bertram.
var wrote:i'm not going to post the spritesheet version yet, since it's still just a wip.
Keep it up, it is great! About the color, try keeping a single color, I don't think having a dyable beret is a good idea but that is only my personal opinion.

Regards,
Ali-G
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

I think it should be dyable to be honest, will be nice trying other colors.

Regards,
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

var, I've added you to the team. This beret is really awesome and I hope to see it in game. Var, if you need help figuring out how to use trello, PM me. You also have "pixel artist" status.
Current character is "Abolish".