snow goggles - fancy hat

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

linkage

snow goggles - fancy hat

Post by linkage »

Hello !

I didnt know where to publish so i chose Graph Development as it was coherent to me.
I have 2 reports on 2 items sprites : snow goggles and fancy hat.

About snow goggles : while wearing those, on the right side, there is a pretty small brown line just next to the glasses, witch has to be cropped. Its very obvious with snowy background.

Fancy hat : when i wear it, it changes my mane haircut into wave haircut, but only in both profile.

I made some screenies in attachment : 2 first frames for snow goggles (you can see this brown line on the 2nd frame); and others to point out the fancy hat effects in profile (from mane to wave haircut - frame number 5 - it doesnt work with other haircuts).

By the way, in my opinion the monster skull helmet is pretty ugly in the front and back view whereas its beautiful in profile. Quite sad for a 30kk worth item.

Regards,

linkage
Attachments
Screenshot21.png
Screenshot21.png (21.72 KiB) Viewed 4314 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: snow goggles - fancy hat

Post by Alige »

As I've already explained you in game, the fancy hat doesn't have any problem. This is just weird because the hair sprite is bigger than the fancy's hat one thus it goes through. We are working on this problem currently, don't worry about it anymore.

About the Snow Goggles, I examined the spritesheet and it is really messy. That is why I chose to clean it from A to Z. I tested it and it works fine with this version. It is ready to be pushed imo.
snowgoggles.png
snowgoggles.png (4.37 KiB) Viewed 4301 times
Regards,
Ali-G
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

linkage wrote:Quite sad for a 30kk worth item.
Developers don't make the prices of rares. The players do. And when people pay 30m for an ugly item - their fault.

That makes me wonder if we should wager a little experiment: Create an item which is just a red rectangle and gives no benefits whatsoever. Drop ten of them in hurnscald. In a few months, check what people are willing to pay for it on marketplace.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
linkage

Post by linkage »

Actually this skull helmet is buyable from the exotic trader, price isnt fixed by players (besides i did read somewhere on the forum such a high price is the outcome of some kind of exploit but whatever).
About fancy hat, its like you are telling me a banana looks like an apple. To me and a lot of people its obvious that there is a mix between 2 haicuts.
Ali-G wrote:This is just weird because the hair sprite is bigger than the fancy's hat one thus it goes through.
Oh and im not talking about the fact the hair goes through hats, but a real change of haircut. Anyway these are mere problems, nothing to argue with.

linkage

ps: im in a hurry to test this scarewing ! xD
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Yeah, I see what you mean about the fancy hat linkage, it is indeed very weird. Unfortunatly, I have no idea why this happens, even after checking the spritesheet and items.xml...
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

linkage wrote: Fancy hat : when i wear it, it changes my mane haircut into wave haircut, but only in both profile.
If this images from manaplus, hair change is sprites replacement feature. This feature possible will be added in future versions of official client by Bertram (may be incomplete)

Main idea. If hair+hat combination is bad, then need change hair to better style. Can work for any sprites and items, but in tmw main problem is hat and hair combinations.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I pushed Ali-G's cleaned version of the snowgoggles.
Thanks for reporting, linkage. :)
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

Snow Goggles are cool.
Tinkerbell
Peon
Peon

Post by Tinkerbell »

Crush wrote "That makes me wonder if we should wager a little experiment: Create an item which is just a red rectangle and gives no benefits whatsoever. Drop ten of them in hurnscald. In a few months, check what people are willing to pay for it on marketplace.
mr grey would have 1, reid 1 and I the other 8 :twisted:
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Hm, and we already have such a graphic - "collision tile".
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
linkage

Post by linkage »

Hi again ! im giving this thread a stir :)

Here there are two horizontal strands above pinkies when on their right side, passive and peaceful behaviour.

Regards,
Attachments
pinky.png
pinky.png (42.44 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

This is a problem with its xml, I will work on that as soon as I can. I already need to work on the spritesheet & xml of the butterfly and the cave snake. I got a lot to do already but I'm adding that bug to my todo list.

Thanks a lot for the help link,
Ali
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Ali-G wrote:This is a problem with its xml
Well actually no, it's a sprite issue...
Ali-G wrote:I got a lot to do already but I'm adding that bug to my todo list.
Euh.. it takes 2seconds to correct it, here the resultat :
Attachments
pinkie.png
pinkie.png (10.24 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

This could of been fixed by the xml too. Even though you may be right, I didn't have a close look to either the spritesheet nor the xml file.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Ali-G wrote:This could of been fixed by the xml too. Even though you may be right, I didn't have a close look to either the spritesheet nor the xml file.
What are you talking about? The frame upper was shifted of one pixel on the lower frame, it's why some pixels was visible on the top of this one.

I would really like to know how you can correct it via XML. ^^
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect