Concept Art Request: Woodland Houses Interior

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:As i said before i will experiment with gradients after everything else is finished. The reason is that using unclean tools make it much harder to edit the tiles.
I suppose with unclean you mean things like the gradient tool? Remember you can draw gradients by hand as well using dithering and selective highlighting. Also there is a thing called layers that most of not all non-paint image manipulating programs support. But feel free to do it in your order.
Crush wrote:But when i do i will most certainly go for the 2nd version. The light from below looks quite unnatural to me.
Agreed, but I like the extra depth iru added to the vertical boards.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Modanung wrote:I suppose with unclean you mean things like the gradient tool? Remember you can draw gradients by hand as well using dithering and selective highlighting.
I would like to finish the tiles before the end of the year. The end of THIS year ;)
Also there is a thing called layers that most of not all non-paint image manipulating programs support.
I know how to use layers. And i am using them a lot. But i was thinking about other people who want to edit my tiles.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
gustavson
Peon
Peon

Post by gustavson »

very nice graphics, i like all :P

pd. what programs do you use to make them? because you make it seem very easy :S
Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Argentina.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Thank you.

I am using GIMP.

A good, free general purpose image manipulation program. But it is more the open source alternative for photoshop and not a tool made especially for pixeling tiles. The only features that make it superior over ms paint for creating pixelart (in the conservative sense) are layers, better selection tools and color correction.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
gustavson
Peon
Peon

Post by gustavson »

i'm downloading GIMP and i'll prove it.

edit. gimp doesn't run on win 98 and i have windows 98 xD.
edit2. i solve the problem.
Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Argentina.
Arphey
Peon
Peon

Post by Arphey »

I think floor tiles should be brighter.
And floor "bricks" longer if possible..