weapon spritesheet

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

var
Novice
Novice

Re: weapon spritesheet

Post by var »

o11c wrote:
var wrote:
Nami97 wrote:Great Idea!

Unfortunately this cannot be used (yet?) because there is no restrictions to what projectiles it can fire, so a player would be allowed to fire an arrow from it...same reason we could not have a crossbow.
according to this https://github.com/mana/mana/blob/maste ... nfo.h#L181 and this https://github.com/mana/mana/blob/maste ... b.cpp#L213 and this https://github.com/mana/mana/blob/maste ... es.txt#L13 since mana client 0.6 custom missile will be available.

*still waits for the custom drawing order of the equipments*
The client is irrelevant since it is the server that needs to prevent equipping mismatching "bow" and "arrow".

Jenalya and I worked on this today and it should work using only equip scripts, no code changes.
mmmm so when i shot my arrows the server tells the client which image to show for the shot? ;)

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

var wrote:mmmm so when i shot my arrows the server tells the client which image to show for the shot? ;)
My response was relevant to what Nami said and you quoted. Who cares how it look? :P

Or to put it another way: the server does tell the client where to download the updates which contain information about how to draw stuff. It's not my problem if the client ignores that and draws all "arrows" alike.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Hm, is it theoretically possible to use the slingshot, show the "projectile" in the attack animation, and just give it an increased range, to avoid needing arrows or custom missiles? Just curious.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

mistergrey wrote:Hm, is it theoretically possible to use the slingshot, show the "projectile" in the attack animation, and just give it an increased range, to avoid needing arrows or custom missiles? Just curious.
Without consuming ammo, that should work...

EXCEPT for the graphical issue that it will fire straight, unless the client can do a two-point particle effect.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

o11c wrote:EXCEPT for the graphical issue that it will fire straight, unless the client can do a two-point particle effect.
How would you expect it to fire? In a slight arc? I think that could be possible with the particle engine. But even when it isn't I believe that a straight line just like the arrows is sufficient.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Crush wrote:
o11c wrote:EXCEPT for the graphical issue that it will fire straight, unless the client can do a two-point particle effect.
How would you expect it to fire? In a slight arc? I think that could be possible with the particle engine. But even when it isn't I believe that a straight line just like the arrows is sufficient.
I mean (and I admit to talking supposition), if you don't use the arrow-specific drawing techniques, your weapon will always attack at a 90° angle even if the target is at a 45° or elsewhere.
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Degen/épée :alt-9:

needs a good name!
Attachments
degen1.png
degen1.png (39.41 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
sprite
sprite
degen2.png (6.72 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
icon
icon
degen3.png (387 Bytes) Viewed 2707 times
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I Image it
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.