Fountain

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Fountain for Hurnscald

Post by meway »

Crush wrote:You should match the color of the rocks to the gray stones at the house walls, not the black stones of the floor.

You also need to keep the light direction into account. Those parts of the structure which face the light source need to be brighter than those in the shadow.
I plan to remake hurns so everything fits nicely. I like the pallet I'm currently using.
Last edited by meway on 16 Feb 2012, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you plan to invest so much work, then why don't you create an entirely new tileset for an entirely new town? That would add much more value to TMW than changing the beloved woodland village tileset.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Crush wrote:When you plan to invest so much work, then why don't you create an entirely new tileset for an entirely new town? That would add much more value to TMW than changing the beloved woodland village tileset.
I suppose that is true, I like the location. If I was going to move it in another place need resources to make it intresting. Monster points npc, General store, dyer, Haircutter, 3 or 4 new quests "nuby quests" than 2 or 3 harder quests. It needs a menhire. It needs something that you can only get from that location. Heck it even needs its own ManaMarket
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Fountain

Post by meway »

Here is an update. I began starting on a floor tile set to go around it because what beautifull fountain does not have its own floor tileset?. I will be working on a boarder to make the floor flow with other tiles of course. Right now its just a tile put into a circle at a 45.
Attachments
ground tileset.png
ground tileset.png (880 Bytes) Viewed 3923 times
test.png
test.png (17.33 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

recolor of floor incase I can't make it flow better.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (18.79 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Update on the edge of the fountain floor.
The next thing will be fixing the highlights on it and mayebe a fountain recolor to fit the building bases.
Attachments
screenshots.png
screenshots.png (19.92 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (18.17 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

The middle part (just above the biggest, filled with water part) doesn't seem to be in perspective, compared to the other parts... And the floor tile needs to change color, maybe making it be the same color of the Hurnscald main road?

Regards,
Ali
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

Meway, do you plan to use that color for the water? if so, could you please post the palette, i would like to use them in the wooden pump to have a standard, also which percentage of opacity did you use for the water layer? (if you used a layer).
Thanks in advance.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

Hmm, I think the palettes used for water, should match the one in the pond, and rivers in Hurns. A card on trello should be made, with the colour palette that are to be used for any water used in art for Hurns, like Wombat did for his recolour-able palette. Maybe also only certain opacity levels allowed? or any opacity? I don't know. At least this way we will have some consistency.

My two cents. :)

Many Thanks,
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

@Ali-G ... no you have no idea what your talking about additionally you obviously didn't read what crush said. Let me explain myself a bit so I don't sound like a total ass. this was based off a 3D render put in a 45 degree and rendered at a 45 so Its definately not wrong.

Var as for the water pallet Its going to need some sharpening up a bit before I can release anything set for a standard. For the opacity I find my self almost always using 23%

This is way to early in development to be discussing colors. Colors is the very last thing I concern over.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

meway wrote:@Ali-G ... no you have no idea what your talking about additionally you obviously didn't read what crush said. Let me explain myself a bit so I don't sound like a total ass. this was based off a 3D render put in a 45 degree and rendered at a 45 so Its definately not wrong.
I wouldn't be so sure about that 3d renderer being infallible. Your rendering program could project models in a vanishing-point perspective - parts closer to the spectator appear larger than those further away. But TMW uses an orthogonal zero-point projection - that means there is no perspective shortening.

Example from the graphic guidelines on the wiki:

Personally, I made rather good experience with the constructive geometrical prototyping technique explained by Irucard here:
http://mruk.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/th ... sert-well/
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Crush wrote:
meway wrote:@Ali-G ... no you have no idea what your talking about additionally you obviously didn't read what crush said. Let me explain myself a bit so I don't sound like a total ass. this was based off a 3D render put in a 45 degree and rendered at a 45 so Its definately not wrong.
I wouldn't be so sure about that 3d renderer being infallible. Your rendering program could project models in a vanishing-point perspective - parts closer to the spectator appear larger than those further away. But TMW uses an orthogonal zero-point projection - that means there is no perspective shortening.

Example from the graphic guidelines on the wiki:

Personally, I made rather good experience with the constructive geometrical prototyping technique explained by Irucard here:
http://mruk.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/th ... sert-well/
Its blender and I know the program very well. It is correct. If I would question anything it would be the very bottom 2 layers. I drew them as an add-on The ground and the base of the fountain.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

the pump is in place but I still really like meway's fountain, if the stone are not suitable for hurnscalde maybe in new forest area?
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

What about the new tileset to accompany this fountain? new houses and so on?

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Please note that this thread is from 2012.
  • NOT a game master