[WIP] Library tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Derpella
Novice
Novice

[WIP] Library tileset

Post by Derpella »

Hello. I slightly edited tileset, to make a better floors for library.
ImageImage
Jenalya has an idea to make it easier, disattaching floors from walls.
ImageImageImage Image
(please note both inn and library floors are not aligned to 32x32 grid yet)
The cut off part is left because there is a subtle shadow under it. In my version, I don't know :/
Well, the point is, I need advice from a experienced person, how to make it look most convenient.
Disattaching floors from walls may cause in the need of remapping all maps using this tile? So maybe use the first vesrion?
I'm Image too much.
Pihro
Peon
Peon

Re: [WIP] Library tileset

Post by Pihro »

speaking of the library tileset, there is a table and cabinet w/ vanishing point perspective. if this is not planned to be fixed I can do it if needed.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Pihro wrote:speaking of the library tileset, there is a table and cabinet w/ vanishing point perspective. if this is not planned to be fixed I can do it if needed.
This is verrrry old tileset (7 years already, since my first release in 2005). It should be fixed a long time ago.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

i wrote:It should be fixed a long time ago.
EDIT: I will maybe contribute on improving this tileset, one day.
Last edited by Alige on 13 Apr 2012, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Ali-G wrote:
i wrote:It should be fixed a long time ago.
Who the hell do you think can possibly volunteer to remake this whole tileset? TMW likes its crappy content, I'd say let it be. :lol:

Ali
If you cannot be constructive, please dont post. Remember this is a strict moderation forum.
sexy red bearded GM
Pihro
Peon
Peon

Post by Pihro »

I can't remake the entire thing, but I can fix all of the parts w/ vanishing point perspective.
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

Hi Pihro,

to me, when you have some spare time to dedicate to the project and when see and want to fix a tileset or a part of a tileset that is obviously in the wrong perspective feel free to do it, i do hope that the other pixel artists are agree with me.

Moreover i would like that people do not write useless posts in the art board, like it should be fixed long time ago or nobody care to fix that.
Actually, that, do not help to get the work done, so fix it or do not waste your time to post.

Thank you.
Attachments
Innwalls small redo
Innwalls small redo
innwalls.png (209.32 KiB) Viewed 4847 times

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

var wrote:Hi Pihro,

to me, when you have some spare time to dedicate to the project and when see and want to fix a tileset or a part of a tileset that is obviously in the wrong perspective feel free to do it, i do hope that the other pixel artists are agree with me.

Moreover i would like that people do not write useless posts in the art board, like it should be fixed long time ago or nobody care to fix that.
Actually, that, do not help to get the work done, so fix it or do not waste your time to post.

Thank you.
1 of the things i found hard to do when i started pixeling here is having a clear understanding of what is wanted from a pixel artists. that is why i started doing edits more then pixeling fresh new stuff. at times this can be a unfriendly place to hobby and other times happy and helpful..so please all keep in mind that this is a hobby and new artists need helpful understanding. in play to play games maybe 50% or less of the an artists work is used (some times none). if you need help on some thing ,ask! i do ...if some thing dose not look right don't just say "that's bad art" say why its bad art and maybe it can be fixed-redone-or passed to some one that sees some thing you may have missed. AND FOR THE LOVE OF MANA have fun!!!!

--skipy
sorry this has little to do with the Library tileset
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I'm currently adapting the maps using the inn tileset to the changes and noticed/remembered, that the shelve is also on this tileset (from where it should rather be used anyway):
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... inn_x3.png

varuna (or someone else), could you copy over the fixed shelve to this file as well?
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

inn_x3.png
inn_x3.png (43.64 KiB) Viewed 4710 times
Since i edited few things i post this too, so both will look the same.
innwalls.png
innwalls.png (206.03 KiB) Viewed 4710 times

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

I think it would be awesome it they were some library items added... like piles of books, posters, broken book covers, etc.
I can try doing some, even if there's little time, but I'm no developed pixie artis ;)
I'm Image too much.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

i wrote:
Pihro wrote:speaking of the library tileset, there is a table and cabinet w/ vanishing point perspective. if this is not planned to be fixed I can do it if needed.
This is verrrry old tileset (7 years already, since my first release in 2005). It should be fixed a long time ago.
Funny because I still use that table design for the thermin tileset. Sure it would be nice to see this slightly touched up, but it wasn't needed untill the remake of the Tulimshar.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?