Maybe new Acorn

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Should we use this new acorn graphics ?

I prefer the new one.
78%
No, the one we have is fine.
22%

Total votes: 23
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Maybe new Acorn

Post by Alige »

acorn.png
acorn.png (665 Bytes) Viewed 2797 times
--Alige
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

baseballboy wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:
Ali-G wrote:Took me no more than 300 seconds. It is bad but anything is better than the actual TMW acorn item icon.

--Alige
This does not fix the size of the hat problem...

regards,
I disagree with you there, Chicka; acorns often have large fat hats that make them stick out further than normal

the picture you shown is proving my point, the sides of the hat dont stick out like im trying to prove.

Thanks for fixing it ali-g

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

When V0id started the topic, I modtly agreed with Chicka's opinion abot the hat. I have since seeked for acorn images and wikimedia provides a lot of interesting ones, which showed me that i had only a partial idea of what an acorn can be:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Acorn
this one could make a funny hat or haircut in TMW:
Image (Oregon, California),
Image (green acorns), Image (lebanon oak), Image (white oak, from Louisiana to nothern Appalachians).
Anyway, the important thing is not realism: would we make cakes with acorns like Riskim? It is a matter of taste and the way we use it in TMW. I am still undecided.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

The bodies would also have to change in that case, the acorns your showing have a longer/thick body than the one void made(minus the small one the hat almost covers completely), the hat would have also had to be a bit thinner and different texture(or thicker in ones case). or if he decided for the small one it would have had to be a small body with the hat almost covering it.

Bit it would be cool to have a acorn like haircut or possibly a acorn cap or such for players to wear that's a nice idea.
:)

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Please edit the first post and allow for revoting.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

The poll has been allowed for revoting.

Please update your vote considering this graphics updated by Alige:
acorn.png
acorn.png (665 Bytes) Viewed 2669 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

As you are the former artist of this icon and me an additionnal one, I propose a dual license : GPLv2 & CC BY-SA 3.0.
What do you think?

Best regards,
--Alige
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Ali-G wrote:As you are the former artist of this icon and me an additionnal one, I propose a dual license : GPLv2 & CC BY-SA 3.0.
Platyna wrote:We also accept art contributions released under GPL-compatible licenses
As far as I can understand, this does not exclude dual license when GPL is part of it.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

That is true but I'm a little confused here... Ali-G what your doing is like saying V0id I will upgrade your computer if I can have ownership of it... You can give him upgrade to his original item.... but he would still be the one to license his item. I'm also confused on why you would suggest a duel license here. Sombody correct me if I'm wrong here?

If the goal of duel license in this case is to be Credited under all versions of the item(via cc) and source be provided with all copys (via gpl2) than I would say by all means do it. But yes thats still V0ids decision.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Ali-G wrote:As you are the former artist of this icon and me an additionnal one, I propose a dual license : GPLv2 & CC BY-SA 3.0.
What do you think?

Best regards,
--Alige
That's ok for me if that still allows the TMW project to use it.
As I'm no expert in license terms, if anyone with that knowledge can confirm all this works, that's fine :)
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

v0id wrote:That's ok for me if that still allows the TMW project to use it.
As I'm no expert in license terms, if anyone with that knowledge can confirm all this works, that's fine :)
Indeed, that allows TMW project to use it since it is GPL(v2). Furthermore, it allows other projects using the CC BY-SA 3.0 license to use it too.

Thanks for the great work V0id,
Regards,
--Alige

PS: If I'm wrong with what I'm writing here, please correct me. Thanks.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Ali-G wrote:
v0id wrote:That's ok for me if that still allows the TMW project to use it.
Indeed, that allows TMW project to use it since it is GPL(v2). Furthermore, it allows other projects using the CC BY-SA 3.0 license to use it too.

Thanks for the great work V0id,
Regards,
--Alige

PS: If I'm wrong with what I'm writing here, please correct me. Thanks.
under GPL(V2) anyone is free to use it. CC BY-SA just requires more documentation on where an object comes from and isn't as open source friendly as GPL(V2) as I don't believe it requires source. But under the CC BY-SA I doubt we will use it as we would be required to put V0ids name in some kind of documentation unless he explicitly says otherwise. I'm not 100% on this. And your name as well Ali-G if he is agreeing on co-rights.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

[17:40] <Alige> V0id: Since the dual license works, I think we're good with the acorn! :) I'll ask Reidy what she thinks about it and if we can introduce it in Evol Online. If you're against having your named being written in the "LICENSE" file, please tell us. If not, then we're the 2 designers of this piece of art! :)
[17:41] <V0id> Alige: everything's fine for me
@meway: V0id and I are okay with the dual license, because it can work fine. Now please, mind your own business.

--Alige
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

with all due respect this is a public development forum. That and you wish to replace my acorn. It is my 'buisness'. If you got a problem report me. I've delt with enough disrespect for one day. There is no reason to discuss what you think is my buisness any further. please enjoy your day.

p.s there is a PM button.