weapon animations

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Deimheucadh
Novice
Novice

weapon animations

Post by Deimheucadh »

here is video with weapon in action:
http://youtu.be/tBUHdP9Mh7g
here are the files for it:
Attachments
weapons-tmw-files.zip
(171.24 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: weapon animations

Post by Reid »

The animation of these weapons aren't really realistic, especially the giant one-handed sword.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

I love that somebody is working on these animations. I am missing them since i started playing this game :)

Keep up the work!

Regards
Ablu
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Post by baedamichi »

Reid wrote:The animation of these weapons aren't really realistic, especially the giant one-handed sword.
Well, I beg to differ. They are realistic enough to me, and with regard to the sword, I guess way more realistic than what's currently on the main server (still the dagger for all types of swords).

Firstly, I don't think that sword is too long to be realistic (admittedly, I got most of my knowledge on swords from movies and museums, never lived in the medieval ages...). A sword which is slightly longer than the char's legs seems fine to me. What I could agree on is that the blade could be a bit thinner, in the "knights movies" I've seen so far people either had broad swords (which were rather short) or long swords (in relation to the body exactly as long as the one in Deimheucadh's video).

Secondly, and probably even more important, that sword is definitely more realistic than the dagger sprite currently used for all kinds of swords. A fighting warrior in the game as it is now looks like stabbing at thin air and still hitting the monster....
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

There was a lot of work already done on animations and the player set: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 1223&hilit

Maybe see what has already been worked on and what still needs worked on/cleaned up?
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
Yoshimura
Peon
Peon

Post by Yoshimura »

Ablu wrote:I love that somebody is working on these animations. I am missing them since i started playing this game :)

Keep up the work!

Regards
Ablu
I agree 100% it would be so nice to have something like this, would be a real nice touch to the game.
TGE
Peon
Peon

Post by TGE »

Reid wrote:The animation of these weapons aren't really realistic, especially the giant one-handed sword.
seriously... you are playing a game where people have larger heads than in real life and you are complaining about the weapons not being realistic....

They all look very nice to me!XD