Squirrel tail/w leather shorts idea.

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Sharona
Peon
Peon

Squirrel tail/w leather shorts idea.

Post by Sharona »

i worked really hard on this but i also have writers block so help would be appreciated :C that and i can't design let alone draw, so i'll need lots of help here xD

Squirrel Tail quest. (the items and idea's) {just a start on an idea}!
10 wolf pelt
50 squirrel pelts
100 acorns
Main Plot.
LEVEL (not yet sure i was thinking level 35 or higher) REQUIREMENT.

a little lost boy is lost in the woods talk to the people in Dimonds cove to find out.
(possible NPC's being used to ask the where abouts of the young boy)
Dimond's Cove main floor (entrance)
[Waitress] oh my hope he's okay!
[bartender] you should go talk to the new arrival downstairs she may be able to help you.

Dimond's Cove (basement)
[New npc]<if possible (young lady in a yellow gown and pink roses around her ponytailed brown hair, barefoot) [name:?]
Oh my, my little brother got lost again? can you look for him im sure he left a trail of acorns if you can bring me back some,
ill see what i can do to help.
(this part will be exactly the same like the lost page's and white fur quests)
she will examine each and every acorn you give to her until she finds the right one then she will tell you where he is,
no gp or exp will be earned for giving the acorns since its easy work and the chance to find one is between 1 and 60 so get 100 acorns to be safe.
Squirrels drop them.
Congrats once she found the right one the lost boy south of dimonds cove will be available to talk to. otherwise he will reply with this phrase.
(im so sad) on which you click the ... option to leave.

Lost boy[new npc] <if possible (he wears boots white pants and a yellow t-neck light blue hair comb over. (location south of Dimond's Cove in the woodland by the broken bridge)
once he's available

Lost Boy: Hello? i..i need your help. im lost but im not worried about that at all i want to do is explore more!!!
go get me 50 squirrel pelts and we will discuss things further. hey pssst you'll like what im going to make with those pelts by the way.

if you came back with not the right amount by terms of under the amount required this will be said by the lost boy

Lost Boy:come on im sure the squirrels can't hurt a tough person like you. Come back when you have the full amount.

"once you have finally gathered the squirrel pelts"

Lost Boy: wow! thank you so much!
(you gain 100xp points from this)
Lost Boy: Please go tell my sister everything will be fine.

Dimond's Cove (basement)
(young lady in a yellow gown and pink roses around her ponytailed brown hair, barefoot) [name:?]

[Name:?] I see your back how is he?
Option A: he's doing fine.

Cathrene: glad to here! my name is Cathrene by the way thank you very much for what you've done.
Oh wait! Can you deliver this parcel to him?
Option A: Of course i will.
Cathrene: Good luck!!!
[Cathrene hands you over a parcel which is not an item so therefore wont be in your inventory however this will activate the last bit of the quest]

Lost Boy (location south of Dimond's Cove in the woodland by the broken bridge)

Lost Boy: Welcome back! so what did my sister say?

Option A) She wanted me to give you this parcel.

Lost Boy: Wow thanks!! my kit on how to make the Squirrel Costume has finally arrived.
"reads his kit"

Lost Boy: it seems all we need now is 10 Wolf pelts please come back when you have them ill be sure to give you part of my costume.

(once you have gotten the 10 wolf pelts return to him right away he will then give you your reward!!!!!!!!)

Lost Boy: thank you so much for all the help you have been enjoy my brown leather shorts it comes with a bonus tail. :p

(brown leather shorts same size as cotton shorts but brown and has a black squirrel tail sticking out of the rear side of the costume)

Description: It seems i may have misplaced my tail.

stats: not yet known.
Sharona
Peon
Peon

Re: Squirrel tail/w leather shorts idea.

Post by Sharona »

44 views 0 replies (well thanks for reading it).
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Generally a nice idea, what's missing for me in the story is why the boy wants to create the costume, and why the part of him being lost is needed. About the wolvern pelts, it might be nice to have some additional context, since they're on a different continent. The boy could admire the player's adventures and getting around to see the world, or such.
I think the biggest problem is that we don't really have active pixel artists who could create the graphics needed. If you'd be interested to learn that, this would be a great opportunity.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

I have no problem helping out. Just realize my assistance ends at the word color. :3
Sharona wrote:I think the biggest problem is that we don't really have active pixel artists who could create the graphics needed.
Nonsense! Unless I don't count, which would sting a little, but none the less it's all good!
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

Sharona
Peon
Peon

Post by Sharona »

Korcha wrote:I have no problem helping out. Just realize my assistance ends at the word color. :3
Sharona wrote:I think the biggest problem is that we don't really have active pixel artists who could create the graphics needed.
Nonsense! Unless I don't count, which would sting a little, but none the less it's all good!
sounds great :D

well tomorrow after work i should be available that's 4PM new york time or over the weekend. i can give you descriptions for the characters and etc when i have the chance.. unfortunately right now i have to do allot of cleaning im moving into a new apartment on April the first after that i may not have access onto the internet for a month...due to its only wireless and my comps an old geezer xD...
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Eastern time it is, then, same timezone as me. Just be sure to finalize it with whoever is in charge. Don't wanna design something that turns out to be a dud. I've done that enough times already. xD
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Korcha wrote:Nonsense! Unless I don't count, which would sting a little, but none the less it's all good!
I'm sorry, it seems I'm not yet used to having you around, since you didn't came to my mind when posting this. :oops:
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Sweet, I can try and help to colour items if I have time for it. (Don't want to promise anything, but my intentions is to help)
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Post by LordDune »

Maybe add a leather patch or two as a quest requirement, we need more uses for those too.

Maybe you can also do (for once) alternate endings for a quest also. Include Sagatha as a point in this quest, and she asks you something about "where did you get those acorns little boy"?, and if you say from log heads, she gives you a reward (like the leather patches I suggest above), and if you say "i killed squirrels" she scolds you and gives no patches, or maybe even the quest ends for you at that point and she kills you for being bad.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

LordDune wrote:Include Sagatha as a point in this quest,.
Most of the NPCs involved in magic already have really huge scripts, which causes them to be hard to read and understand. For that reason I'd like to avoid adding logic and quests to them which are not related to magic, since when we're going to introduce higher level magic, they'll have to grow anyway, and having them involved in even more quests will make that more difficult.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Jenalya wrote:really huge scripts,
It may be possible to refactor some of those out into separate functions (which can then be in separate files), so only the top-level menus would be in the script itself.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

o11c wrote:It may be possible to refactor some of those out into separate functions (which can then be in separate files), so only the top-level menus would be in the script itself.
I agree, but then this should happen before more things are added. I wonder if someone is interested in doing this task...
Sharona
Peon
Peon

Post by Sharona »

Jenalya wrote:
Korcha wrote:Nonsense! Unless I don't count, which would sting a little, but none the less it's all good!
I'm sorry, it seems I'm not yet used to having you around, since you didn't came to my mind when posting this. :oops:
Jen i'm interested in learning how to script but all whats going on just seems bad timing.

im moving on April the first i wont have internet for idk how long Dx.... i have all march to pack up and get the old apartment cleaned out. also calculated that itll take me several months to get a new computer because i save practically only 20 dollars a week xD....

I'm Currantly re reading what i wrote and some of the idea's posted in my topic. i also remember quite a few npc's that can be used for the quest so i may have no need fore new npc's at all or maybe minimize it down to just one new one maximum.

All in all it just comes down to horrible timing :C.
Sharona
Peon
Peon

Post by Sharona »

veryape wrote:Sweet, I can try and help to colour items if I have time for it. (Don't want to promise anything, but my intentions is to help)
that would be great :D
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

That is unfortunate, but that's life. Whenever ya get back, you know where to find me. :3
Jenalya wrote:I'm sorry, it seems I'm not yet used to having you around, since you didn't came to my mind when posting this. :oops:
I have that affect on people.