toilet plunger hat

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

evadem
Novice
Novice

toilet plunger hat

Post by evadem »

Since there is a possibility that the beanie hat will be a reward for accumulated boss points, I thought Ali-G's toilet plunger hat might be another possible reward for them. I know he said it was rejected because it didn't fit game theme, but neither does a beanie hat really. :shock:
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Re: toilet plunger hat

Post by Ginaria »

I would say, could be funny... and if Manaworld has a place for beanie hat, then there should place for plunger hat too... so please people post here, if you like this hat...

https://github.com/themanaworld/tmw-art ... 090b4cd0e9

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Here's an updated version, in case you feel like adding it to the game.
Attachments
toiletplunger.xml
(5.22 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
toiletplunger.png
toiletplunger.png (1.01 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
toiletplunger-icon.png
toiletplunger-icon.png (2.94 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
Last edited by Alige on 14 Mar 2013, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

A toilet plunger hat........I do not have any idea of what is planned for April First, but seems like an appropriate item. Is it possible it could be released for April Fools Day?
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Qwerty Dragon wrote:A toilet plunger hat........I do not have any idea of what is planned for April First, but seems like an appropriate item. Is it possible it could be released for April Fools Day?
No.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

o11c wrote:
Qwerty Dragon wrote:A toilet plunger hat........I do not have any idea of what is planned for April First, but seems like an appropriate item. Is it possible it could be released for April Fools Day?
No.
perhaps what o11c is saying is that the prizes for easter, the holiday quest that is next, have already been determined. A quest put together in that short amount of time wouldn't be feasible.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Hello n00b, um I mean o11c, and Big Crunch and to The Mana World at large.

The following way to introduce Alige's gag item is a good way to deal with things and blow off steam, or just to laugh. I think anyway.
evadem wrote:....Ali-G's toilet plunger hat...was rejected because it didn't fit game theme, but neither does a beanie hat really. :shock:
Beaniecopter, aka beanie hat, fits game theme because playing (and I mean this in a good way) TMW long enough to complete all the requirements for the item de facto makes you a nerd.

My beaniecopter was one of the items that was stolen from me, just before waking up in the kind old woman's house. And it is time I got a new one :evil:
o11c wrote:No.
I hope just because it is now so close to April first and/or does not fit in with whatever is planned for that.

In the future, how could toilet plunger hat be introduced into game? Possibly only as a one day gift item given by Baktar (on map 020-2 near these coordinates 72,61). Baktar is the guy who lives in Nivalis who collects stuff from Tulimshar to remind himself of the good times he had when he used to live there, and asks explorers passing by his way for any interesting item they might have with them from his old stomping grounds.

Let us say, for just one day a year, if you click (talk to) Baktar (and you have completed Baktar's Tulimshar Items quest) he mentions that someone brought him a strange item that he had never seen before, and has no idea for what purpose in the world anyone would ever use it for (no toilets in TMW after all). And since it does not remind him of Tulimshar he is just going to get rid of it. Would you like to have it? Player gets chance to say yes or no (with no backsies :P ). Hmm. April fools day might be taken up for some sort of special quest in the future. Hmm. Thinking. Thinking.

Maybe the day that could be chosen for the toilet plunger give away could be March Ninth Day, starting at 16:00 UTC.

How does a toilet plunger worn on the head fit in, in TMW?

AS A FASHION STATEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So obvious.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Cool! We readily await your submission of the quest.
sexy red bearded GM
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that this wouldn't ever be appropriate. It's just, what I have planned for this April 1 does not require any new items.

(And this event is a secret)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I still don't really like the toilet plunger as hat, but that's my personal opinion.
If someone wants to work on a nice quest for that, that's ok. Having it as an annual event item as the Bowlerhat from Shannon or the towel sounds good to me. Here's the script of Shannon, it might help to get an idea of how the annual quests work: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... ds.txt#L41
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Not ANOTHER hat... The hat:other ratio is getting crazy.

Maybe someone could turn this into a cute weapon instead?
Head of the TMW Illuminati
GiGi
Peon
Peon

Post by GiGi »

MadCamel wrote:Not ANOTHER hat... The hat:other ratio is getting crazy.

I agree!

However, saucepan hat is the BEST!!!

:D :D :D :D
sonsofbeaches
Newly Registered User

Post by sonsofbeaches »

I would love that sort of hat *mwahahahaha*
evadem
Novice
Novice

Post by evadem »

Mad Camel:
Not ANOTHER hat... The hat:other ratio is getting crazy.

Toilet brush would have to pass for the weapon.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Alige, I saw on irc you said some of your art uses a different license than TMW. Is the license on this compatible?

I am asking because I do have a serious idea of some dialog that could be in a quest to introduce item, and am in beginning writing some stuff.