reguarding my graphics under GPL

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

reguarding my graphics under GPL

Post by meway »

I give all rights of any graphic I have created and licensed under gpl or gpl2 on this website www.themanaworld.org that have been posted by me to the group "the mana world developers" the group will be defined by the current administration of this page or whoever is hosting the prodject. They (the mana world developers) may change license alter my work in any way under the circumstance that the work is credited to Andrew Hall, under the tag of Meway, MewaysId or Meways_id and include the email mewaysid@yahoo.com and ch33zh3ad@yhoo.com. All decisions on any changes of license to my work must be decided by at least 3 people of the development or administrative group and that have been a part of the development group for at least 1 year. All developers that agree must be unanimous and it should be documented what developers decide any future change. The public and I must be able to see this document at any given time to avoid any question of the agreeing developers of any changes done to the work under any license. The document must be dated. Under no condition should this statement be voided by any license loop or levorage with expeceptions of its current license before 3/14/2013. These conditions will be interpreted by me if there is any questions involved with the change.

My work was created with the intention to help the mana world but also with the firm belief in free software. Free as in available to anyone and everyone to alter and own. If it helps anyone I hope it helps them freely~ meway.

Thanks~ tmw team and anyone who wishes to use my currently gpl work.
Last edited by meway on 15 Mar 2013, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: reguarding my graphics under GPL

Post by EJlol »

Lets sell his work for a few million euro 8).
GiGi
Peon
Peon

Post by GiGi »

EJlol wrote:Lets sell his work for a few million euro 8).
Already listed on ebay :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Hello Meway. I am afraid this condition contradicts the GPL:
All decisions on any changes to my work must be decided by at least 3 people of the development or administrative group and that have been a part of the development group for at least 1 year. All developers that agree must be un annonymous and be documented. The public and I must be able to see this document at any given time to avoid any question of the agreeing developers of any changes done to the work under any license. Under no condition should this statement be voided by any license loop or levorage. 3/14/2013
The GPL allows people to modify your work without requiring the consent of anyone.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Crush wrote:The GPL allows people to modify your work without requiring the consent of anyone.
But can anyone change the license of his work, which is currently GPL?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Alige wrote:
Crush wrote:The GPL allows people to modify your work without requiring the consent of anyone.
But can anyone change the license of his work, which is currently GPL?
No, that's the purpose of the GPL. The condition Meway formalized could cover relicensing, but as he has written it right now it sounds like it applies to any change to the work itself, which is already permitted by the GNU GPL.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I adjusted it slightly to conform with gpl ect.. The purpose is to give more leway with the art to the development group of this project under the conditions I provided above. Imperticular to licensing.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I'm not sure if it's really possible to transfer the right to change the license of art to someone else. But if so, I as a tmw developer agree to dual-license his graphics done for tmw as GPL (which it already is) and additionally CC BY-SA 3.0.
Though, Meway, I think the situation would be less unclear if you could just do that yourself. :)
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Jenalya wrote:I'm not sure if it's really possible to transfer the right to change the license of art to someone else. But if so, I as a tmw developer agree to dual-license his graphics done for tmw as GPL (which it already is) and additionally CC BY-SA 3.0.
Though, Meway, I think the situation would be less unclear if you could just do that yourself. :)
+1
As an old developer of this project, I also agree to the dual-license of your graphics, however I think you should simply say you do accept because it is not up to other people to decide for you.

Regards,
--Alige
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I would much rather an explicit statement to allow dual-license under GPL and CC-BY-SA, but I do agree...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.