Idea (Bloody Sword)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

kzexio
Peon
Peon

Idea (Bloody Sword)

Post by kzexio »

The Bloody Sword - 2 Handed Sword
It is an enchanted sword that draws its power from its wearer's blood

Damage=250
Buy=70000 gp
Sell=20000 gp
Weight=2000
Range=1
Rarity=Quest (I'm thinking of one)

Require=lvl 50 and 30 strenght

-200 HP
-10 Agility
Sword of Blood.png
Sword of Blood.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 3425 times
Last edited by kzexio on 20 Mar 2013, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Re: Idea (Bloody Sword)

Post by Kazenawa »

Imo that's not a bad idea yes :)
Though, even considering the -200 HP and -10 Agility, aren't the 250 damages way too much ?
kzexio
Peon
Peon

Post by kzexio »

i don't know, was just an idea of what could be, after we balance the
Thanks for commenting
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

To be honest i have no big concerns of the sword dishing out quite some damage.. Also damage is not just the damage per hit, also the hits per sec/minute plays a huge role.

It would be cool to have a two handed weapon that could make more damage than the one-handed ones with the obvious disadvantage of not being able to equip a shield.

So it is a trade-off more damage for less protection, would be great to see fighters using different equipment and different philosophies.. Now we have ragers and speed warriors, different paths in equipment would make it even more interesting imo.

Also i think that this would need a new spritesheet for a two handed sword, maybe you could look at Land of Fire and their axe-spritesheet to have something to modify.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
kzexio
Peon
Peon

Post by kzexio »

ok have to look a little thing I can think XD
Thanks for commenting
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

It'd be very welcome if someone is motivated to look into how to add two-handed melee weapons. :) About the stats of the suggested weapon, I think it makes more sense to balance those after there's a quest for it.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Jenalya wrote:It'd be very welcome if someone is motivated to look into how to add two-handed melee weapons. :) About the stats of the suggested weapon, I think it makes more sense to balance those after there's a quest for it.
I am looking at that myself right now, however it will be a quite different sword than the one suggested now. It will be more of a twohanded katana-looking thing. However noting presentable has been made yet and I will start a separate thread for that project once it is ready for being presented.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

I could take a whack at it, the 2-handed animations, I mean. If someone could PM me the weapon/attacking sprite sheet, I'll see what I can come up with.

I swear I'm nonexistent around here, lol.. :3

@kzexio don't be a slave to perfection, I use to be like that (hell I still am, occasionally). Never be afraid to experiment with asymmetrical lines. Nothing's perfect and once you realize that, you can move on to bigger and better things.
With practice of course! :3
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

dsalvatores
Newly Registered User

Post by dsalvatores »

I think that a good swords for a warrior character,this weapons is good for P.V.P cause it can make big damage or it can make critical damage to other characters...

Newly Registered User

Post by Monomu »

I think this should be cool idea but not for chars on lvl 50. Quest for setzer is for lvl 60 so i dont think u should be able to use better weapon on less lvl. But i'm sure warriors need better items because now u can get almost everythink on lvl >61.