Hud/Gui's Icon Makeover Offer

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Hud/Gui's Icon Makeover Offer

Post by Korcha »

Since I'm done with the NPC portraits for the time being, I thought I'd go ahead an tackle something else. Yeah I know, nothing major. So, if it's okay with the Big-wigs, can someone who has the images be a gent and hand them over? Have doubts? They'll be colored/shaded, too. So don't worry. I could even give the smileys a fresh coat of paint, if ya want.

I would've had something to show off - even finished, but I cannot seem to find them, maybe I overlooked something, idk.
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

Knight
Knight

Re: Hud/Gui's Icon Makeover Offer

Post by 4144 »

Korcha wrote:Since I'm done with the NPC portraits for the time being, I thought I'd go ahead an tackle something else. Yeah I know, nothing major. So, if it's okay with the Big-wigs, can someone who has the images be a gent and hand them over? Have doubts? They'll be colored/shaded, too. So don't worry. I could even give the smileys a fresh coat of paint, if ya want.

I would've had something to show off - even finished, but I cannot seem to find them, maybe I overlooked something, idk.
hi,
if you mean some kind client of gui themes (skins) here some info (look in themes tree item)
http://manaplus.evolonline.org/start?idx=themes

and sorry here not many info, and some may be incomplete. But you can ask questions if need.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

No skins, just the icons. My bad, I wasn't specific. But yeah, I didn't find them in the link you posted so I went ahead an ripped them straight outta the game. Well not ripped per se, just needed to know their actual size. I might be a pixel off, though.

Colors are based off the old ones.
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Korcha wrote:No skins, just the icons. My bad, I wasn't specific. But yeah, I didn't find them in the link you posted so I went ahead an ripped them straight outta the game. Well not ripped per se, just needed to know their actual size. I might be a pixel off, though.

Colors are based off the old ones.
icons for what for items or for gui buttons?
for icons 32x32, for buttons bit smaller.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

ah, now I know why the confusion.. Yes, this whole time I meant the gui buttons. :3
Would you happen to know the exact size? The current ones, the ones that I made are 21x19.

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Korcha wrote:ah, now I know why the confusion.. Yes, this whole time I meant the gui buttons. :3
Would you happen to know the exact size? The current ones, the ones that I made are 21x19.
size can be any but i think not mora than 32x32, from here 21x19 is ok.
Buttons i mean buttons from top right corner. with this buttons main issue.
also here many themes. icons for one theme will not looks good in another.
also need icons for all buttons at top right corner (by default some buttons is hidden)
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Alright, then I guess I'll call it quits for now. I assumed that, if they were approved that they would be used for the current theme. Man, I really gotta stop making assumptions, lol.. Thanks though. :3

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Korcha wrote:Alright, then I guess I'll call it quits for now. I assumed that, if they were approved that they would be used for the current theme. Man, I really gotta stop making assumptions, lol.. Thanks though. :3
may be you not undestand correct.
in each theme can be own icons/images etc.
If icons exists in one theme, other can use other icons or not use icons at all.

This mean you can create icons for only one theme only or for all, only depend on your wish :)
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

ManaPlus was and is still in great need of GUI's icons, but there're some work in progress coming by some ManaPlus's dev to combine (or not) some parts of these GUI elements together, to make a better general UI design.

If you have the time, it could be good to produce a pack of icons which fit the actual main theme and the actual tabs, do you have the time for this?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Yep. Go ahead an list what you need/don't need.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Korcha wrote:Yep. Go ahead an list what you need/don't need.
We need icons for all of these button at top-right of ManaPlus, so:
Help
Quest Book
Kill Stats
Smilies
Status
Equipment
Inventory
Skills
Social
Shortcuts
Spells
Setup

It could be good to make these icons fits the Jewelry theme, and not this old default white theme.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Don't mind my constant questions, but Jewelry theme? Care to enlighten this uninformed chap? :3

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Korcha wrote:Don't mind my constant questions, but Jewelry theme? Care to enlighten me? :3
if you have manaplus installed,
open settings (SET), select "theme" tab, in field "gui theme" select jewelry, restart client
and you will see it
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Greatly appreciated, thanks! I'll get started on them in a bit.

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Here ya go. Ignore the background color. If you need anything else you know where to find me. :3