Zombie

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Zombie

Post by BadMrBox »

Tarm said
Makabre?!Undead! Very Happy
in this thread. Hopefully there will be undead stuff there. I got inspired and made a quick fix zombie sprite. Didn't take many minutes and there are stuff to improve on him. I gave him red eyes as the usual milky eyes didn't look to great with the grey skin. Anyway, just me pixeling around.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Great!

I thought of something when you made red eyes.Vampire?
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Being a zombie is not so much in the colour of your skin or eyes, but more in the way you stand, look and walk...

No more for today, my elbow had a rough day and needs some rest.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
LEG0LAS2
Peon
Peon

Post by LEG0LAS2 »

Modanung wrote:Being a zombie is not so much in the colour of your skin or eyes, but more in the way you stand, look and walk...
exactly.

And i think its body is too much "normal" it needs some hurts and blood :evil:
Imperian
Peon
Peon

Post by Imperian »

LEG0LAS2 wrote:
Modanung wrote:Being a zombie is not so much in the colour of your skin or eyes, but more in the way you stand, look and walk...
exactly.

And i think its body is too much "normal" it needs some hurts and blood :evil:
But it can be a monster too....
I may be nice to have zombies walking in the cemintery at night :twisted:
Imperian-The Chosen One.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

What about ghouls?Horribly sick "humans" that eat other "real" humans.That wouldnt be to hard to do.Or?
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
LEG0LAS2
Peon
Peon

Post by LEG0LAS2 »

Tarm wrote:What about ghouls?Horribly sick "humans" that eat other "real" humans.That wouldnt be to hard to do.Or?
a think zombie is already a human eatter. making ghouls your going to "the dark tibia side of the force".
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

I thought of something when you made red eyes.Vampire?
Nah, the only reason for the red eyes is to make the face stand out a bit. I would like to make a vampire enemy to you know. That would be great. Dunno if I would choose red eyes for it thought, more likely yellow. Or both.
Being a zombie is not so much in the colour of your skin or eyes, but more in the way you stand, look and walk...
Or run (as in the remake of Dawn of the Dead)!
exactly.

And i think its body is too much "normal" it needs some hurts and blood
So the hole in the head is not enough, eh? I was thinking about chopping an arm on him but then I considered that it would look weird when it attack's. As in that the arm closest to the screen is always the arm used when attacking. But of course with some more time than thoose 5 minutes I put down on this sprite it would be rather easy to make it more goory.
a think zombie is already a human eatter. making ghouls your going to "the dark tibia side of the force".
Depending on your sources there can be little difference between a zombie and a ghoul. In some litterature ghouls are made by vampires.

If there is any need for it I would very much like to design a cemetery/church with maybe some catacombs and zombie/ghouls/skeletons and vampires.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

BadMrBox wrote:So the hole in the head is not enough, eh? I was thinking about chopping an arm on him but then I considered that it would look weird when it attack's. As in that the arm closest to the screen is always the arm used when attacking. But of course with some more time than thoose 5 minutes I put down on this sprite it would be rather easy to make it more goory.
How about when the zombie carries his severed arm in the remaining hand and uses it as a weapon to whack his enemies?

what i would suggest to change is the stance of the zombie. it shouldn't stand straight. it should have problems keeping itself up and hang around like a wet sack on a pole. a good example is this zombie from ragnarok online (yes, i know, some people here don't like its style, but it simply is the game with the most advanced eastern style sprite art out there):

If there is any need for it I would very much like to design a cemetery/church with maybe some catacombs and zombie/ghouls/skeletons and vampires.
i already thought about a graveyard tileset, but i got too much other stuff to do. when you feel like making one noone will stop you.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

How about when the zombie carries his severed arm in the remaining hand and uses it as a weapon to whack his enemies?
Ah, a very good idea Crush!
i already thought about a graveyard tileset, but i got too much other stuff to do. when you feel like making one noone will stop you.
Nice, I'll get too it then :twisted:
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

BadMrBox wrote:
Nice, I'll get too it then :twisted:
Keep in mind it should fit in with at least one of the exsisting tilesets and that maybe different cultures may have different graveyards. And it's always good to do some concept art before starting on the actual tiles.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
LEG0LAS2
Peon
Peon

Post by LEG0LAS2 »

BadMrBox wrote:
Ah, a very good idea Crush!
idem
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100Arrows/s
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

new thread to discuss about the graveyard design:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 6277#16277