[WIP] Fairy Bow

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[WIP] Fairy Bow

Post by Cassy »

This will be a new weapon that can be won in the lottery.
We already discussed about the stats:
DMG: 70
Range: 5
LUK: +1

So it is slighty better than the Forest Bow (same stats, but no bonus in LUK).
It won't be easy to get though, since the high lottery prices will only have a low winning chance (probably less than 0.08%) - more about this will follow in the lottery thread when we finished discussing.

Why this name?
Well, because it gives +1 in LUK, just like the Fairy Hat gives +3 in LUK :wink:

Oki, here is the pic:
FairyBow.png
FairyBow.png (678 Bytes) Viewed 3435 times
Can I ask for some comments & critism?
(first weapon I'm drawing)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Re: [WIP] Fairy Bow

Post by ChefChelios »

hiya käsi :D

thats a nice bow... but just +1 luck is not enough... a bit more would be cool!
what kind of sprite do you want to use with this bow?
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

We really need a new bow, but I don't think the lottery should provide things that are that important to gameplay. A small quest would be better suited for the bow. Especially considering that the bow is really needed at the moment and making it available only to the players that want to play the lottery AND with such a small chance of getting it seems a bit counterproductive.

TMW Team member

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

.:WildX:. wrote:Especially considering that the bow is really needed at the moment and making it available only to the players that want to play the lottery AND with such a small chance of getting it seems a bit counterproductive.
I don't see why in this game everybody has to get everything the easiest way. check out other MMORPGs. sometimes there is just 1 in a million chance you get that item and it takes forever to get it. It makes no sense that all top items are so easy to get.

I think it's a great icon and maybe you could add a new sprite as well. It makes sense for the fairy bow to have +1 luck, maybe you could also add +1 dex.

with best regards
tux9th
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

tux9th wrote:I don't see why in this game everybody has to get everything the easiest way. check out other MMORPGs. sometimes there is just 1 in a million chance you get that item and it takes forever to get it. It makes no sense that all top items are so easy to get.
Is that mid-level content or endgame or purely decorative content?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

tux9th wrote:I don't see why in this game everybody has to get everything the easiest way. check out other MMORPGs. sometimes there is just 1 in a million chance you get that item and it takes forever to get it. It makes no sense that all top items are so easy to get.
I never said it should be obtainable through an EASY quest. I just don't like the idea of gameplay-relevant items being obtainable through mini-games someone may not want to play.

TMW Team member

Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

.:WildX:. wrote:
I never said it should be obtainable through an EASY quest. I just don't like the idea of gameplay-relevant items being obtainable through mini-games someone may not want to play.
If your going to add a mini-game, than you should give some incentive to play it. You could still have it be a very rare drop from a boss or high lvl monster also, nothing says that only one method must exist for obtaining a given item.
Pixel Battalion
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

.:WildX:. wrote:I just don't like the idea of gameplay-relevant items being obtainable through mini-games someone may not want to play.
+1 in LUK or maybe additionally +1 in DEX as tux9th suggested is gameplay-relevant, yes, but not a huge difference.
If the prices are too good, then they should have an own quest instead of being in the lottery - I can understand your opinion.
...but the Fairy Bow isn't this "too good" :wink:

On the other hand the prices also shouldn't be too bad, because no one would use the lottery then.
The prices will be good and worth it and besides this, those who don't want to use it, have no right to complain that they don't have the Fairy Bow, just like they don't have a right to complain, that they don't have the Setzer because they can't be bothered to do its quest.
Otherwise buy the Fairy Bow at the ManaMarket :D

But hey, just wait until we publish the prices at the lottery thread.
Nothing's finished yet and it's just the very basic concept so far (thanks for your comments though, of course).
I didn't even work on anything except the concept and the Fairy Bow icon so far.
This will have to wait until I finished another mob for the Orum and Waric follow-up quest which has a higher priority.
tux9th wrote:maybe you could add a new sprite as well
... ok :wink:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy