Chicken Legs [WIP]

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Chicken Legs [WIP]

Post by wushin »

Moving discussion to a [WIP] thread as Barchaul had a good idea many people liked.

These were wushins thoughts mixed with his:

1) Evil Mushrooms aren't used much in game so they wouldn't really increase the rate. Plus it doesn't make much sense for them to drop it.

2) The Lizard is drawn and in a sprite sheet, but needs Mob stats and to be added to maps. I'd see no problem with adding this mob to the Desert maps.

3) Chickens aren't drawn so we would need art for that, Mob stats, Sprite Sheet, & added to maps.

4) I'd see no problem adding the chicken legs to the Skeletons in the GY Inn.

Lizards and Skeletons in the GY Inn would be the easiest mobs to use.

Then we still need to talk about drop rate.

Cassy and I talked about this and decided it was a good idea.

<Cassy> wushin: I notice in the fight club that garcon npc sells chicken legs (heal 500hp) for 250gp and steaks (heal 250hp) for 275gp
<Cassy> same counts for a shop in dimond's cove
<Cassy> a shop in tulim sells chicken legs for 500gp
<Cassy> item db says those 250gp/chicken leg and 275gp/steak prices
<Cassy> IMO we should adjust chicken leg price to 500gp but together with that suggestion to make them a mob drop
<Cassy> or 400gp
<wushin> feel free
<wushin> I'd suggest changing the name to "Leg of Meat"
<wushin> Then we can drop it from any Meaty animal
<wushin> Chicken Leg seems silly when we don't even have a chicken
<wushin> Cassy Side links navigation should be more prominent now
<wushin> but I'm serious about that lizard as well.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Barchaul
Peon
Peon

Re: Chicken Legs [WIP]

Post by Barchaul »

Wow, I'm not a developer or a programmer, just a player. I didn't realize how much was involved in making changes to the game. I enjoy playing TMW and lost many hours of sleep, because I find it both challenging and simple. I just thought it curious that many of the players use chicken legs for healing during some of the more difficult quests and they are not a dropped item. I don't relish the thought of having to grind away at monsters to get items to sell to have gp to buy chicken legs. And if the monster that dropped them was a challenge to defeat, I think that it would encourage high level players to go after them. You would still be able to buy them if you didn"t want to fight for them or in need of them in a hurry. I have a lvl 97 archer with a banshee bow. The banshee requires a tremendous amount of food if you don't have a good mage with you. This keeps a lot of players with banshees from using them most of the time. Dropped (free) chicken legs would bring my banshee out of storage.
If there is an easier way of getting a dropped item that provides a lot of hp, then I am all for it.

During the Halloween Event, we were able to acquire lollipops (750 hp). Too bad, I wasn't able to collect a years supply. :alt-0: