New monster drops

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

New monster drops

Post by Crush »

I noticed that all the new monster are dropping the same items. So i made some icons for new monster drops:

Rabbit fur:
Cave snake lamp:
Spike of a spike mushroom:

More to come, ideas are welcome.
Last edited by Crush on 19 Sep 2006, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

looks great. This snake lamp could help players to see on caves, enlarging luminosity of the cave but after a "X time" it finish. The purple snake could be a very strong creature too and this lamb could also be sell high.

btw, what i want to know looks like what we'r discussing here. I would like to know if all new creatures will give same xp as bats ? If im not wrong the pink thing , the evil mush , the purple snake and that rabbit thing give 45 of xp.
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

This is the graphics development forum. Any game ideas should be posted in the Suggestions/Feedback forum.

Pink antennae:
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

sorry, when i read "any ideas are welcome" i thougth you want to listen some suggestions.
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

LEG0LAS wrote:sorry, when i read "any ideas are welcome" i thougth you want to listen some suggestions.
I guess he meant item suggestions.

Like... snake skin.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Yes, when i ask for ideas i usually mean ideas that are about the topic of the thread and not ideas that bring it off topic.

Don't get me wrong, legolas. Your ideas aren't that bad, but they are just misplaced here.

...back to topic...

The 4 graphics above are already uploaded to the subversion repository. Now it is up to the server administrators to upload a patch with the graphics and activate the items server sided. I am afraid Platyna, our server admin, is a little bit angry about me in the last time because I didn't agree with her map naming scheme and suggest female equipment sprites that are too skimpy for her taste, but i am sure that when she really bears me a grudge that her professionality is above her personal feelings.

Here the snake skin modanung suggested. I must admit that it isn't my best piece. maybe it is too scale-like.

Maybe some other pixel artists want to create some item icons, too? Creating item icons is a very fun task because it doesn't require much effort and leaves a lot of room for experimentation.
  • NOT a game master