[WIP] Pixel art request from Meko.

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Re: [WIP] Pixel art request from Meko.

Post by Virtual Reality »

SDN wrote:Another request from Meko. A tile set for frozen pond in nivalis. Umm, the tiles still half baked, not quite seamless yet. And I haven't adjust the snow color. Anyway, I post this preview so anyone can give any thought before I continue to polish it this weekend. Frankly, I'm not confident with this one. I never seen the actual forzen pond before. :D
That looks great! You might want to make the ice look less blue and/or more smooth and crystal-esque (maybe add a few minor cracks or something just to emphasize that it's ice). You also might want to exaggerate the holes a little more (maybe add a fishing line or something?) and spread out the snow to be more evenly dispersed.

I think that will look great once the tiles blend together more. It's already a great start!
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

That does look really nice. GJ
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

@VR:
Thanks. :)
Fishing rod? lol.

Anw, I'm planning to add soft purple(?) tint above the ice surface to match the snow color. And about crystal-esque... is large quantity/area of open door water compound like pond or lake could freeze perfectly to form crystal clear surface? I never live in 4 seasons country, so i had no idea what it's looks like when the winter fall in there. :lol: Anw, i didn't make ice cracks because i think the point of view of the game is quite high from the ground, so only large cracks would visible, and placing large crack in that pond will take quite some area to be blocked. So that two holes are the substitute for it.

@Wushin:
Thank you. :D
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Post by Virtual Reality »

SDN wrote:@VR:
Thanks. :)
Fishing rod? lol.

Anw, I'm planning to add soft purple(?) tint above the ice surface to match the snow color. And about crystal-esque... is large quantity/area of open door water compound like pond or lake could freeze perfectly to form crystal clear surface? I never live in 4 seasons country, so i had no idea what it's looks like when the winter fall in there. :lol: Anw, i didn't make ice cracks because i think the point of view of the game is quite high from the ground, so only large cracks would visible, and placing large crack in that pond will take quite some area to be blocked. So that two holes are the substitute for it.

@Wushin:
Thank you. :D
Well my suggestions are certainly not infallible; I'm just trying to give some feedback.
Do whatever you think is best.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

@VR:
Aww... But I really like your idea about fishing rod. I think it's funny. And i know from somewhere, perhaps television, that people does make hole in ice surface for fishing. So it's believable. I might draw it for this tilesets someday. (Or perhaps there might be a fishing mini game/event for it. :D ) Hehehe.... Although, I really don't know much about the life in northern hemisphere. :)

Anw, this is the result so far. I made it a bit clean and tiled to follow the guidelines. If it's ok, I'll post the tilesets.

Edited:
I update the picture.
snow_abal2.png
snow_abal2.png (51.91 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
Edited again:
This is as close i can get for now, using the same color space as in client data snow.png
Sorry Meko, i can't use the same color space like the picture you showed me. Too many for small pixel tile to create the same atmosphere. Very challenging to make pixel art close to that tho, but i got overwhelmed. lol
icepond_woot.png
icepond_woot.png (45.96 KiB) Viewed 2064 times