[MOB] Bunny concept

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

pateame

Re: [MOB] Bunny concept

Post by pateame »

I think you are right, sorry about my paranoid reaction. As the concept needs more debate, let's talk about rabbits on TMW. We can find references of rabbits in two NPCs, a playboy girl who sells food to visitors at Dimond's Cove and a guy dressed like a rabbit that appears on Easter long time ago.
ImageImage

I just forget about Rouge NPC in the Sanguine Vault's duel arena.
Just an idea: ¿Is possible to do a PVP quest like the "hungry fluffies" challenge?.
Ex: In a PVP battle, two players have to kill as much bunnies as they can, but need to drop food and keep safe from opponent. When you got killed, you are respawned in same area but with -1 of killed bunnies. When time up, player with the higher number of kills win.
Last edited by pateame on 03 May 2015, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

lol what a conspiracy theory. XD
pateame wrote:I have no idea of how to introduce this mob ingame. Maybe we can make it dyeable like chocolate bunnies for Easter or Christmas, or use it for a future pet system. I just enjoy modifying my gameplay with custom updates. Have fun!
Ah, make it dyeable, please. Hehehe.... :P
Rubikon_
Novice
Novice

Post by Rubikon_ »

pateame wrote:I think you are right, sorry about my paranoid reaction. As the concept needs more debate, let's talk about rabbits on TMW. We can find references of rabbits in two NPCs, a playboy girl who sells food to visitors at Dimond's Cove and a guy dressed like a rabbit that appears on Easter long time ago.
ImageImage

I just forget about Rouge NPC in the Sanguine Vault's duel arena.
Just an idea: ¿Is possible to do a PVP quest like the "hungry fluffies" challenge?.
Ex: In a PVP battle, two players have to kill as much bunnies as they can, but need to drop food and keep safe from opponent. When you got killed, you are respawned in same area but with -1 of killed bunnies. When time up, player with the higher number of kills win.
Maybe it can be a quest like Raging Quest
*You should be level 65.
*You need to drop Carrot to spawn bunny mobs
*You should kill at last 70 bunnys
*If you are level more than 65 there can be spawned stronger mobs to do it more difficult.
*Reward can be exp 50.000-100.000exp Random 10.000gp-35.000gp Random too.
*Also we can bring in game Sailor Hat or Captain's Hat
When you kill 70+ bunnys you can win the cash and exp and than next time i can do a quest for the hat.
Last edited by Rubikon_ on 03 May 2015, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Post by Virtual Reality »

Rubikon wrote: *You need to drop Chicken Legs to spawn bunny mobs
:alt-2:
Why not carrots or something? Unless we're going for more of a Rabbit of Caerbannog kind of bunny.
Rubikon_
Novice
Novice

Post by Rubikon_ »

Virtual Reality wrote:
Rubikon wrote: *You need to drop Chicken Legs to spawn bunny mobs
:alt-2:
Why not carrots or something? Unless we're going for more of a Rabbit of Caerbannog kind of bunny.
Sorry it was my wrong so i changed from chicken legs to carrots im sorry again.
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Post by Virtual Reality »

Rubikon wrote: Sorry it was my wrong so i changed from chicken legs to carrots im sorry again.
That's fine. It was pretty funny :lol:
I like the idea, but is killing the bunnies the best activity? Maybe you should #chipchip them like fluffies?
Perhaps the bunnies could be aggro for some reason, but you have to #chipchip them all without killing them (so you have to stay alive somehow without fighting back)?
I'm just spouting ideas here.
pateame

Post by pateame »

SDN wrote:Ah, make it dyeable, please. Hehehe.... :P
It's done now, dyeable spritesheet and XML were updated in the first post. As it's dyeable now, I'm going to suggest some color ideas for it, but feel free to colorize bunny as you like.
Image #000000,64727a,8996a0,a6afbf,dce9f3,ffffff (White)
Image #835d03,b47f00,e5d5b0 (Caramel)
Image #441e00,583420,b36e36 (Chocolate)
Steingej Eisenserg
Peon
Peon

Post by Steingej Eisenserg »

try hue shift: blue shift for shadowy and red shift for light... thats when the power of the dye system kicks in for real...
ie: your dye string: #Darkbrown, #Brown, #Lightbrown becomes #DarkGreenBrown, #Brown, #Lightbrownorange. Get the idea?
pateame

Post by pateame »

Steingej Eisenserg wrote:try hue shift: blue shift for shadowy and red shift for light... thats when the power of the dye system kicks in for real...
ie: your dye string: #Darkbrown, #Brown, #Lightbrown becomes #DarkGreenBrown, #Brown, #Lightbrownorange. Get the idea?
I used "Mana Dye Tool" (https://github.com/jaxad0127/ManaDye/) to do a try. This tool let us preview a dyeable image with our own values at left, and compare it with a reference image at right:
I just put random numbers at first time, but with your suggestion I got the following combination:
#2f2804,#462804,#cf743d
and now it looks much beter, thanks for your help!
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I like the new bunny.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
pateame

Post by pateame »

It seems not possible to do color hue shift with mana client. IDK what's wrong with this because ManaDye show me a different result. I suppose that dyeable system is different now, or some coding stuff is missing. When trying to test these colors ingame (#2f2804,#462804,#cf743d) I got a blue bunny. :lol:
Image lol
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

pateame wrote:It seems not possible to do color hue shift with mana client. IDK what's wrong with this because ManaDye show me a different result. I suppose that dyeable system is different now, or some coding stuff is missing. When trying to test these colors ingame (#2f2804,#462804,#cf743d) I got a blue bunny. :lol:
Image lol
We use dyecmd to test the dyes
pateame

Post by pateame »

False alarm! :oops: Everything is ok with dyeable system and both tools, I just did a mistake whe coding the XML file in first testing,
I put this value first, but it had the blue bunny problem:
 <sprite>monsters/butterfly.xml|#2F2804,#462804,#CF743D </sprite>
and to fix the problem with the #, It should be:
<sprite>monsters/butterfly.xml|#2F2804,462804,CF743D</sprite>
Image #!
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Made a PR for this and cleaned up the xml and added to the license file. Discussion on use and stats can commence. This art will go into next release.

https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... a/pull/286
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

They should drop rabbit ears, not the ones we had introduced some years ago, maybe a new color, but make it very hard to get like the Red Nose or the Kid Book, if that isn't the hardest make the probability even smaller.
A good spawn place is the same map used for the Golden Apple annual quest.

Also is it possible to make it run away from you instead of hit you back?
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”