[CPT] Ride on a Mob

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

TRGN
Peon
Peon

Re: [CPT] Ride on a Mob

Post by TRGN »

btw, the gemstone idea is bad, gemstones already are needed in too many places for so rare items
pateame wrote:
TRGN wrote:Skytlurks. Got it?
This is a Skytlurk. -> Image
meko wrote:I'd ride that
Sorry but the skytlurks are too wild to be tamed... :lol:
they aren't when you don't attack them...
veryape and SriNitayanda wrote:
veryape wrote:This is amazing!

I would love if some mounts were only available for some people. Like dark mages have Demonic Mouboos to ride, the others can't ride them. Mouboos should only be available for light mages etc.
SriNitayanda wrote:
meko wrote:but what if you're *not* a mage?
pateame wrote:TY everybody.
Here's another monster to ride on it:
[+] Giant Maggot:
[+] Spritesheet + XML
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/364 ... t-ride.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/364 ... t-ride.xml
You ride a Giant Maggot.
Even worse idea...
pateame

Post by pateame »

1)
TRGN wrote: btw, the gemstone idea is bad, gemstones already are needed in too many places for so rare items... Even worse idea...
My previous post: I still do not think this [CPT] can be used ingame unless you burn it all and start a world from fresh since it's using lots of workarounds for the game limitations and not solving the bugs at all. People can just use these files now as customdata patches to improve their gameplay experience and ride whatever they wanted without need of quests . If learn how to modify the local content of the game is required to ride, then everybody win.

2)
TRGN wrote:Sorry but the skytlurks are too wild to be tamed... :lol:Image
Then do it yourself, it's easy. As crush said:
crush wrote:In general, when you really want something to happen here, do it yourself. Everything is open source, so all you have to do is set up your own local server and get to work..
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

pateame wrote:1)
TRGN wrote: btw, the gemstone idea is bad, gemstones already are needed in too many places for so rare items... Even worse idea...
My previous post: I still do not think this [CPT] can be used ingame unless you burn it all and start a world from fresh since it's using lots of workarounds for the game limitations and not solving the bugs at all. People can just use these files now as customdata patches to improve their gameplay experience and ride whatever they wanted without need of quests . If learn how to modify the local content of the game is required to ride, then everybody win.

2)
TRGN wrote:Sorry but the skytlurks are too wild to be tamed... :lol:Image
Then do it yourself, it's easy. As crush said:
crush wrote:In general, when you really want something to happen here, do it yourself. Everything is open source, so all you have to do is set up your own local server and get to work..
Hey im not doing anything here...also no quests here pls...
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Wonders if we could reuse part of the sitting art and make 4 new frames for riding for the legs. Its less work.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
pateame

Post by pateame »

We can always decapitate and mutilate the playerset as much as we wanted, but someone will have to clean all the mess after these changes.
¿did this project have enough manpower to do that?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

If we reuse frames, the resulting xmls will just be a transform with only a few items causing problems like Jesters Mask or Beanie-copter due to the animations in the xmls.

We should be able to duck having to redo the upper body frames for equipment by making riding use sit, stand, walk or one or more frames from the actions. Legs and Shoes are easy to draw as they are few and quite plain (in the scheme of things). Robes might be a problem but their are few of those.
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

BTW, skytlurks aren't aggressive, if someone planned them as aggressive mobs, then it should be changed to non-agressive.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

This is a discussion about riding mobs in-game. If a mob isn't in game lets leave them out for now.
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

wushin wrote:This is a discussion about riding mobs in-game. If a mob isn't in game lets leave them out for now.
Yes. It just seemed to me that pateame thought that the skytlurks will be aggressive (which they won't). But for now, no more skytlurk info here.
Chapart
Novice
Novice

Post by Chapart »

pateame wrote:Image
We can always decapitate and mutilate the playerset as much as we wanted, but someone will have to clean all the mess after these changes.
¿did this project have enough manpower to do that?
Hello, it is a great idea of riding mobs, i think you maybe know that you have to modify all items spritesheets but not if only can ride with the tunic when you wear a hat or another chest you get off the mount.
And the use the mount should have must be add move speed depending in the mob you are riding.