[WIP] Artis accessories

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: [WIP] Artis accessories

Post by EJlol »

When you say 'port city', I think of Amsterdam. One of the biggest port cities around 1600 (During that time only Paris and London were bigger cities). We used to trade everything during that time including spices, slaves, etc. Anyway when the spices came of the ship, it couldn't be transported to next destination right away. It had to wait for a other ship to arrive or whatever. So we used warehouses to store the spices until they were ready to be shipped again. These warehouses were very small, and tall. (More information why can be found here.) To bring the stuff upstairs we used a special hook at the top of the building (like this one). Add a pulley and a rope to it, and you can lift anything you want ^-^

Except that big boxes and stuff don't fit through the window alt12 . The solution was simple, just enlarge the windows (see here)

So I tried to crop and edit draw that:

its still WIP. I tried to shade the hinges as metal (cause they are actually made of metal), and well... ehm... it does look like metal in my opinion. It's just a little bit shiny alt27 . I will try to fix that later.

Ah now that I look at the picture again, I see I forgot to activate the 'hook' layer. So I will show you that later. Don't expect to much of it, the hook kinda sucks.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I love the idea, it's an interesting type of building that adds some diversity to the maps. The metal needs to be worked on, but I'd love to see this in game :D

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Nice work, I'm pretty sure that it will be easy to integrate such a place on the city.
EJlol wrote:its still WIP. I tried to shade the hinges as metal (cause they are actually made of metal), and well... ehm... it does look like metal in my opinion. It's just a little bit shiny alt27 . I will try to fix that later.
The palette is shiny on itself, the shading need to be clean, without any useless dithering and with the minimum reflect. (ie: the iron pots/jars)
For a flat texture, I can only rely you to the fence tileset as example, I will try to give an hand on this this week-end.

Now that I think about it... A variation tile with an opened door might be fun to work on, I need to do the regular door animation, I might work for an extra frame for your tile with an half opened window?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

After this is done, I will work on the open window variation. However I won't do the open/close animation for it, cause I think it will be a bit useless for the window. If I really have enough time (problably not), I might do a loading/unloading crates NPC animation instead.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I've tested the animation, it's more than suitable but I can't share the .gif here... The quality is kind of crappy. >.>
I think that I'm rotten for .GIF creation...
Village_door.png
Village_door.png (9.32 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
I've edited the first post, added new stuff to do.

EJlol, I'll need your help for the enlarged windows tiles!
-- Ford Prefect
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Yeah I need to keep working on them. I will try to make some time + motivation for it today/tomorrow.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I love it! Good job :)
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

It's clearly not finished, but here is a preview on what im working on now:
  • I don't like the metal rings on my barrel.
  • The lid is too different from the current barrels (I like mine more though alt8 ).
  • There is missing some extra support for the barrels. (see: http://media.fattoria.nl/479b630a28802b ... 227e2a.jpg)
  • And lots of other small issues
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Love it, keep it up!
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Really nice indeed, the barrel might be used indoor and outdoor. Also, I prefer your barrel's lid as well, would you mind to update our existing ones as well?

For the window/door, I will try to work on the iron bar, it seems to be a difficult part of this work, and I doubt that we will need to make this animated, it's not a door after all.
-- Ford Prefect
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

As for the window, I still suck with the iron, so any help with that is welcome :P
I think only the closed window is needed for the moment, and in the far away future an open version can be added. While the open version is great to have, it's not needed for to release Artis I think...

While the horizontal barrel can be used indoor and outdoors, the only pictures I have seen on the internet they are indoors. However I do think it's a nice variation of the barrel, and it looks oke-ish outside. So I think we can get away with it :P

I will update the barrels to use my lid.
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

EJlol wrote:I think only the closed window is needed for the moment, and in the far away future an open version can be added. While the open version is great to have, it's not needed for to release Artis I think...
Completely agree. You can add open window version in future. This is not a problem.
I am interested to see Artis as soon as possible :).
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

EJlol wrote:As for the window, I still suck with the iron, so any help with that is welcome :P
I think only the closed window is needed for the moment, and in the far away future an open version can be added. While the open version is great to have, it's not needed for to release Artis I think...

While the horizontal barrel can be used indoor and outdoors, the only pictures I have seen on the internet they are indoors. However I do think it's a nice variation of the barrel, and it looks oke-ish outside. So I think we can get away with it :P

I will update the barrels to use my lid.
Attachments
Artis_door-Ejlol.png
Artis_door-Ejlol.png (3.86 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
-- Ford Prefect
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Looks a lot better :)