[DIS] Rock palette

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[DIS] Rock palette

Post by Reid »

Elvano proposed on IRC that we should use a more-rock palette for all bricks, stones and walls for the city. We used a good rock palette for the cliff on the loosen island map, should we use the same for the city?

If so, where?

I'm personally against using it for wall, as we don't use brick-walls but painted walls. Though, we can use it for pavement and for the town wall tileset that hal is developing. What do you think?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [DIS] Rock palette

Post by Alige »

Raw rocks and manufactured rocks are not the same, thus they shouldn't have the same color. I think we should keep it like that. The cliffs have a nice pallet, but that doesn't mean the city walls need to have the same pallet.

In addition, having different pallets makes the game more lively, so let's not change the walls' colors.
Elvano
Peon
Peon

Post by Elvano »

Alige wrote:Raw rocks and manufactured rocks are not the same, thus they shouldn't have the same color. I think we should keep it like that. The cliffs have a nice pallet, but that doesn't mean the city walls need to have the same pallet.
I agree completely with this stament, be keep in mind that only in really big buildings rocks were completely manufactured, if not partially build on or carved of a rock
Alige wrote: In addition, having different pallets makes the game more lively, so let's not change the walls' colors.
I was kinda opting for more diversity of house materials, of which stone was just the next logical choice, and thus no replacement.
Other house materials could be matal (some parts only), wood and even rags (not everone is rich).
Mainly, I was tired of looking on the yellowish color when I proposed a more greyish approche. I like the tileset, but the color reminds me to the desert themes I' sure we've all played for too long.
Elvano~
Wisdom and knowledge are both treasures in life.
While knowledge allows us to do great deeds,
it is wisdom which helps us to use it responsible.
sajjad123
Peon
Peon

Post by sajjad123 »

I will try another color this weekend, and maybe doing some dark sea tiles for real sea place... Because the sea is too dark imo for the city and even for the loosen island. alt25
Join online ccna video dumps andn10-005 to pass pmp dumps exam in first bc Our best quality www.ku.edu and Hood College
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

The sea palette should be redone, but Len (water's tileset author) didn't use a limited palette for his work, unlike hal or me for other tilesets and palette such as that rock one.
So it will be a bit more difficult to change this palette, but it's still doable, we just need a good color theme.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect