[FND] Clouds

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[FND] Clouds

Post by Reid »

It has been decided to re-add clouds ambient layer for the next release, but this time we would use TMW's clouds shadow style (no white clouds from the top view, we will just see the shadow of the clouds on the ground).

Though, we won't use their graphics but Len's graphics for them. (if he have nothing against it of course)
Actual sprite with some clean up looks like this:
Spoiler:
cloud_TL.png
cloud_TL.png (231.45 KiB) Viewed 2624 times
After some test it seems that these clouds are too repetitive, 4144 get the idea to use multiple ambiant image as tile, so we could place some square of clouds to make a less-repetitive cloud ambiant layer.
It's all under test, but if somebody want to do new clouds on the same style than the one upper, it's welcome!
(Len, maybe you?)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Len
Knight
Knight

Re: [WIP] Clouds

Post by Len »

^-^ You can use anything I’ve made! I’m probably not going to get the chance to work on any of it myself for awhile, and I prefer the time and effort put into WOA’s assets by others and myself not go to waste.
After some test it seems that these clouds are too repetitive
I actually never had a chance to test them beyond overlaying them over screen shots, but I imagine that you are correct in your assessment. I also see that you converted them to grayscale which is smart as the blue tint would look out of place outside of WOA.
Attachments
cloud_TL2.png
cloud_TL2.png (162.65 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
Pixel Battalion
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Len wrote:^-^ You can use anything I’ve made! I’m probably not going to get the chance to work on any of it myself for awhile, and I prefer the time and effort put into WOA’s assets by others and myself not go to waste.
I hope that I won't mess with your graphics then alt38 .
After some test it seems that these clouds are too repetitive
I actually never had a chance to test them beyond overlaying them over screen shots, but I imagine that you are correct in your assessment. I also see that you converted them to grayscale which is smart as the blue tint would look out of place outside of WOA.[/quote]
grayscale is just temp, I would like to use the same shadow colour that we used on the rest of the world, but I might need to reduce the opacity of the clouds... Because our shadow color is a bit dark.
Though, how did you do your clouds? A special brush or just a regular one?
-- Ford Prefect
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Reid wrote:
Len wrote: Though, how did you do your clouds? A special brush or just a regular one?
Just the normal brushes in Photoshop with different opacities, I also made use of the smudge tool and liquify filter.
Pixel Battalion
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Ah ! I didn't see that you did post a newer version of the clouds. O.O
I will try to make one or two myself as well (diversity for our future maps won't hurt), but these shapes are better than what I could do right now. :)
-- Ford Prefect