[CPT] Rafflesia

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[CPT] Rafflesia

Post by Reid »

While working on the Frostiana mushroom I had an idea of a semi-flower semi-mushroom mob which could give twice the damage that give the Frostiana.
I searched a bit which kind of mob I could do with this idea and I get on this "Rafflesia" parasite, after an ugly sketch here is what I have.
It throws poison just like the Frostiana does, the effect might be faster and harder though.
Should I work on it?
Attachments
rafflesia test.png
rafflesia test.png (904 Bytes) Viewed 2120 times
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [CPT] Rafflesia

Post by WildX »

Looks like a good start. I like the idea as well. We're starting to have quite a few static mobs but this is an interesting one, I had an idea for poisons that players can use and a poisonous mob would be really useful for that :D

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Looks very good.

In my opinion the Rafflesia and the Frostiana look to similar to each other though. Would it be possible to make the differences bigger?
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

EJlol wrote:Looks very good.

In my opinion the Rafflesia and the Frostiana look to similar to each other though. Would it be possible to make the differences bigger?
I was thinking in doing the animation differently, like, the rafflesia is a flower, the frostiana is a fungus, the frostiana is ejecting a poison cloud when it shrinks, the rafflesia could eject poison when it open itself like a flower?
But this would require some hard animation frame... I don't know, I'm open for new ideas.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

You can make it more flower like by adding green leaves around the flower.

The real rafflesia doesn't have the green leaves though. Cause it's a parasite, and therefore it doesn't need the sunlight energy to survive. It is actually even the only known plant without having the chloroplast genome, so adding leaves will make it a different flower alt25

Another idea is by using different colors than the frostiana.

The opening flower animation would be cool to have, and will certainly help creating a difference between the two monsters. But to me it looks like it would be very difficult / impossible (for me) to draw.