[FND] Warehouse

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[FND] Warehouse

Post by Reid »

Saweres requested some indoor window fitting the work from EJlol's warehouse window, here they are.
Also, there're some "new" box variation with a different light direction as he needed them as well for another indoor map.
Any thoughts?
(yes the window still need some clean up)
Attachments
test warehouse.png
test warehouse.png (43.23 KiB) Viewed 2495 times
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
EJlolAtWork
Peon
Peon

Re: [WIP] Warehouse

Post by EJlolAtWork »

I'm not sure about the windows. The outside tileset shows them locked, with shutters in front of them. Also they are simple doors to transport goods through them. They are placed near the floor, so you can roll/lift these barrels out of the building easy. Each door has a metal bar. You can see the metal bars on this picture: http://fred-developers.nl/wp-content/up ... 14-118.jpg
By putting a wooden beam through the bar the doors are kept secure from thieves. To be even more secure, the wooden beam can be fixed with a wooden wedge. This prevents that thieves can lift the wooden beam with use of a crowbar or something

The windows you have drawed are beautiful and big. I would expect these in a big luxury house. The art itself looks good ofcourse, just I imagine they have a different use case.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [WIP] Warehouse

Post by Reid »

Hm, in the end the warehouse set was kind of rushed, but it does look quite OK in game, we might change it later if it does really bug us though.
warehouse test map.png
warehouse test map.png (172.01 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
I consider it as done for the aurora1, but feel free to submit anything else better. alt25
-- Ford Prefect
EJlolAtWork
Peon
Peon

Re: [FND] Warehouse

Post by EJlolAtWork »

What is bugging you then? It looks oke to me :)
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

The shadow on the back over the rock is a bit too straight but I guess that can't really be fixed easily. Anyway, let's not be too perfectionist. It looks great. A building that is not a house or a shop is very much needed in a good RPG town.

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Mikko worked on that generic shadow tileset, it does the job for now, but it might be changed sooner or later
-- Ford Prefect