[WIP] Playersprite mount frames

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[WIP] Playersprite mount frames

Post by Reid »

Next release will introduce pets but maybe also mounts if we have the time to implement it on our content.

I've prepared 4 basic frames for it, I won't work on equipments and races adaptations until very late before the release, so we have some time to touch at these frames to improve them!
Attachments
mount frames.png
mount frames.png (5.55 KiB) Viewed 3015 times
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
EJlolAtWork
Peon
Peon

Re: [WIP] Playersprite mount frames

Post by EJlolAtWork »

The north-south frames do not match the east-west frames at all. In the North-south frames he is almost sitting, while in the east-west frames he is almost standing. Also the arms do not match. in the north-south he is sitting relaxed, not steering at all. While in the east-west it looks like he is trying to race.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

EJlolAtWork wrote:The north-south frames do not match the east-west frames at all. In the North-south frames he is almost sitting, while in the east-west frames he is almost standing. Also the arms do not match. in the north-south he is sitting relaxed, not steering at all. While in the east-west it looks like he is trying to race.
Hehe, you're right, Mikko started to fix this yesterday, the up and down frames were done really rapidly, technically, they should match the left and right frames in the end.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Mikko
Peon
Peon

Post by Mikko »

mount frames2.png
mount frames2.png (5.37 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I think we should have some sort of horse riding uniform that the player must wear in order to ride a mount. This way devs won't have to add the mount frames to the already numerous frames when making new equipment. The riding uniform would be a complete equipment set (including non-riding frames) that has to be obtained through quests.
The requirement could be explained in-game as a new law that for security reasons all riders must wear uniform when on their mounts.
The system could greatly reduce the amount of work devs have to do when making new equipment as well as enrich gameplay. Is this doable?

Something like this comes to mind for a medieval theme.

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Sounds like a great idea in my opinion. :)