[WIP] Tree Trunks

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[WIP] Tree Trunks

Post by Alige »

Heya people,
Here's a rework of the old cut tree trunk tiles. I'm waiting for your thoughts and comments because they can be improved imo, but I have no idea how right now.

Note: the small tree trunk was transformed into a cut palm tree trunk because we don't have any trees apart from the palm trees with a thin trunk.
Attachments
Tree Trunks.png
Tree Trunks.png (6.88 KiB) Viewed 2440 times
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: [WIP] Tree Trunks

Post by EJlol »

Top is old, bottom is new? The bottom right one the roots are in my opinion to thin, and not well defined.

Then again, I might like the trees with the big roots, which certainly are not the average trees as what you are going for, too much...

The pixel art quality is very nice btw.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

EJlol wrote:Top is old, bottom is new?
Yes.
EJlol wrote:The bottom right one the roots are in my opinion to thin, and not well defined.
Then again, I might like the trees with the big roots, which certainly are not the average trees as what you are going for, too much...
The problem here is probably the color palette which is too narrow in order to create a good looking tree trunk.

I'm gonna hold that work for now until I can find a more suited color palette which would then lead to larger and better looking roots.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I agree on the colours. It would really benefit from a wider range of browns, especially dark browns.

TMW Team member

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

IMHO, you can add also some 20% darker brown tones towards blue to create deepness.