About sprites

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Goty
Newly Registered User

About sprites

Post by Goty »

Hi there! i'm a game dev and i'm almost done with my first solo game (full javascript), i really love some of your sprites and i'd like to know if i can use some of them in my game, for now all artists just aked to be shown in the credits windows of my game but i'm willing to pay a little bit if needed for the sprites, thanks for your time and awesome game :)
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: About sprites

Post by WildX »

All of our work can be used for free if credited appropriately according to the CC BY-SA 3.0 license (see here for more info).

We don't ask for money, but feel free to stick around if you like our stuff - contributions are always welcome! :)

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Most (but I believe still not all) is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0. Some very old pieces might still be licensed under GPL however.

See for a full list of which sprite uses which license here: https://github.com/themanaworld/client- ... er/LICENSE
Goty
Newly Registered User

Post by Goty »

Thanks for the really fast and super kind reply guys, i'll do what you said :)
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Goty wrote:Thanks for the really fast and super kind reply guys, i'll do what you said :)
I do believe you could contact some artists if you want to licence these assets differently.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Goty
Newly Registered User

Post by Goty »

If you have the contact (mail or whatever) of some i can even hire them, i have really little budget as this is my first project but i don't need too many sprites :)